URE Workday. Sat April 21st. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fourtrax

SILVER Star
Threads
Latest update from Terry.

Hi Everyone – I hope you’re all doing well. This month we should be able to have our work day. We will keep it relatively focused on 2 things initially. We will be ending at 2 pm because I need to get back home in time for pictures for my son’s prom (his last one). We will meet at 9 am at Uwharrie Hunt Camp and at 930 we’ll head out to Art Lilley TH.

The first project will be completing the installation of guardrail along the dispersed campsite along Falls Dam Trail just past the trailheads. We have the posts stacked up on site and will need to drag about 4 to 5 of the guardrails that are up at Art Lilley to this site and finish installing them. We’ve got the “No motor vehicle” signs installed already. The other group will work on installing guardrail on Dutch John Trail where we had the XJ burn up on opening day weekend. Some of the fencing got knocked down or burned up (I’ll find out more details before the 21st) and I’d like us to replace it to make sure we don’t get illegal trails starting there.

If we have a lot of people then I’ll probably have some of you ride your trails and do an inventory of work that needs to be done on your trails and also clear brush and pick up trash. Thanks a lot everyone. Bye - Terry

I was notified today that we are doing a Datacenter switch migration on Saturday, April 21st :(

Gotta work....:bang:

I can't make Saturday, so going up in the morning. If anyone wants to meet up at The Outpost at 9:30am let me know

Workday recap:

Had a productive day. Had roughly 10 total volunteers. reps from CNC 4x4, Triad jeep club, Carolina trailblazers and one other group. We finished up the guard rail at the Art Lilley CG. Basically from where we finished at the M&G workday and to the edge of the turn. Don't recall the footage but it was nice to close it in. I think it was 8 sections of rail. Zuwharrie was this past weekend so the place was packed. Took the kids over to poser rock and ate our lunch and called it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom