Updating the LX to 200 Series 18s - Parts List and Color Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2000 LX River Rock on stock chrome 16s.

Picked up some early 200 series wheels off of a forum member and wanted to go over my plan of attack.

- Going with 275/65/18 yokohama geolanders A/T - I do not need E rated tires and this size is a good compromise. Tires are a good price as well.
- Will need spacers to clear the front hubs so debating on going with small .25 Boras
- Looking at options to remove the toyota emblem
- Will clean prep and do an initial coat with self etching primer
- For color I am on the fence. Would like to use duplicolor or rustoleum graphite but it will match the body color. Something close to the 06-07 LX wheels would be nice but a shade darker.

Wheels came in and may just leave the color as is, maybe just a good clean.

Still don't know if I should go with .25 spacers to clear the fronts or .50.

Also anybody have luck removing the Toyota emblem and replacing with the Lexus version?

IMG_20200701_202242.jpg

The oe silver color for me is already as good and timeless looking as it is.

If the paint is in good shape, keep them silver instead of cheap rattle can paint that will either look like crap over time or flake off.

Still don't know if I should go with .25 spacers to clear the fronts or .50.
Can't you just modify the inside of the cap? I thought a spacer that shallow required different studs. Else you are left with studs holding the wheel off, or lugs insufficiently seated.

Speaking of the cap, if you can cut/press the toyota emblem out from the back, there are tons of L replacements on eBay you can glue in. I did it with a set of caps from earlier Tundra TRD wheels/caps.

Gonna look at it over the weekend to see if I can ground down some of the material. Still need to do research on the lugs but that is a great point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom