UPDATE: 60-Series Vacuum Advance Distributors - Any Versions w/o 2nd Port for HAC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Did any markets have 60-Series vacuum advance distributors without high altitude compensation (HAC)? I installed an FJ60 distributor in my '76 FJ40 and right now the outer vacuum port on the distributor vacuum advance module is capped. Seems to me it's a waste of a perfectly good vacuum advance module. The '76 spends most of its time well above the elevation where the FJ60's HAC kicks in, as a matter of fact I don't think it's been below that elevation since I bought it 18 or so years ago (I live at 7,240 feet). I installed high altitude jets and advanced the timing 6* already, and the '76 runs well at altitude, including over 13,000 feet on Imogene Pass in southwest Colorado.

I'd like to find out whether or not there's a single port vacuum advance module that would fit in the FJ60 distributor, that way I could do a swap and have a spare for my '84 FJ60. I know some other Toyota non-Land Cruiser models have single port vacuum advance modules with a similar arm that attaches to the stationary plate, but was hoping to find a Land Cruiser part.

Yes, but not the large cap, sealed version that we received.

Single canister, small cap, points version is what the ROW (rest of world) received. Available new from Toyota.

19100-61180

You might be able to make the single canister advance unit work on a large cap assembly, however you'd need to get creative and engineer up some changes, granted I've never had both in my hands to truly attempt this.

Yes, but not the large cap, sealed version that we received.

Single canister, small cap, points version is what the ROW (rest of world) received. Available new from Toyota.

19100-61180

You might be able to make the single canister advance unit work on a large cap assembly, however you'd need to get creative and engineer up some changes, granted I've never had both in my hands to truly attempt this.
I may just order a single port advance module and try it out. It may just involve lengthening the arm. If successful, I'll post the results.

I may just order a single port advance module and try it out. It may just involve lengthening the arm. If successful, I'll post the results.

Well the way the advance canister arm attaches to the advance unit is different 'entirely'. Granted the general idea is the same, so give it a go! I'd love to tear try it myself, but I still have an NOS advance unit and is low on my totem pole.

Something like this (21R in General Market Cressidas 8/84-5/87):

21R Vacuum Advance Module - 8.84-5.87.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom