Unobtainium (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, will be doing it in gray too.
Gray.jpg

Magic. Pure magic.

I got myself in a situation where I needed long body Aisin hubs once but I can’t remember what vehicles need them. I think mine was a 77 Pig front axle.

Long style was 9/75-1/79 on both the 40 and 50 series. I have a bunch of aftermarket hubs off 1961 FJ40 up to a 84 HJ47. Nice to make a collection on the wall. Prefer OEM if possible on my cruisers.

They all supersede to the same PN: 43530-60042

Interesting Amayama Trading shows 60040 superceded to 60041. But it does not show 60041 being superceded to 60042.

I have never worked selling parts and really only search parts.
1 Tohave the part number for the person behind the parts counter who know doesn't seem to know how to find a part.
2 What it should cost.
3 Mainly seeing what I can make work with what.

Sold my 3rd 4Runner to my bother in-law last year. Driver's power lock wouldn't work when temperature warmed up. Located the part number online and called the near by dealers. Most were at list and a few above list. One as much as 20% over list. Got one parts guy to match a online price but think he got in trouble when I picked up it. Person I picked it up from I think was the parts manager and he asked how I got that price. The big grommet for the early steering column I bought from Dan when he was still parts manager at America Toyota. It was when dealers were able to get parts out of the non US parts warehouse in Southern California. I know that is where the two OEM fog lights were I purchased from him.

Well this explains why I can't find one anywhere for my May 79. Damn!
Right there with you brother. I'm hoarding 2 of them in my toolbox which should last me the rest of my lifetime. There's been some rumors out there that a 78 US spec cap might fit on a 79 & 80 distributor. So far, I haven't seen a definitive yes or no on this. Would you be willing to buy a still-available OEM 78 cap and test this out? This would benefit many of us who are still running original 79 or 80 distributors.

No, 6-spline was not the original spec. What application are you thinking about?

Sorry, I think we must have got our wires crossed somehow. What I'm talking about is the front locking hubs for FJ40s 1975 and earlier. They are the ones that are hard to find and very expensive. (as opposed to the more plentiful later fine-spline version)
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought it was 6 splines. I put mine on years ago, so it's not fresh in my memory. However, this picture on SOR shows what I'm talking about, and it looks like 6 splines in there.

Maybe I'm turned around somehow, but that's what I was asking about.

Sorry, I think we must have got our wires crossed somehow. What I'm talking about is the front locking hubs for FJ40s 1975 and earlier. They are the ones that are hard to find and very expensive. (as opposed to the more plentiful later fine-spline version)
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought it was 6 splines. I put mine on years ago, so it's not fresh in my memory. However, this picture on SOR shows what I'm talking about, and it looks like 6 splines in there.

Maybe I'm turned around somehow, but that's what I was asking about.
I see. I didn't catch that you're asking about an entirely different hub. As you can see from the SOR photos, most of those are dealer installed aftermarket units. I'll give it some more thought after the current project is finished.

I see. I didn't catch that you're asking about an entirely different hub. As you can see from the SOR photos, most of those are dealer installed aftermarket units. I'll give it some more thought after the current project is finished.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Yes, the older style we're stock not AFAIK in NA. They might have had stock (or at least Aisin were made) 6 spline hubs in the JDM market, it's been awhile since I looked into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom