Underbody Rust Protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just go under and dump a few cans ? Every year?
where are you in the US that your happy this works?
Thanks for the input
Ya I just power wash it, let it dry a day. When you apply the fluid film it says to avoid rubber bushings like the CV boots. But it's never caused me any issues. I used it on my LX last winter for the first time, I live in the Midwest, and I'm getting ready to redo it again for this winter. The undercarriage looks brand new still. Milex spent its whole life in Alabama until last winter. I bought a spray gun for it on Amazon I believe and I bought the big one gallon can. I would say to apply it twice a year

Ya I just power wash it, let it dry a day. When you apply the fluid film it says to avoid rubber bushings like the CV boots. But it's never caused me any issues. I used it on my LX last winter for the first time, I live in the Midwest, and I'm getting ready to redo it again for this winter. The undercarriage looks brand new still. Milex spent its whole life in Alabama until last winter. I bought a spray gun for it on Amazon I believe and I bought the big one gallon can. I would say to apply it twice a year
Could you let me know which spray gun you used with it?
This is great feedback
I don’t have a lift so it would be just driving it up ramps

do you wear a respirator applying this amount underneath?

I wore a respirator but honestly just a mask would be fine and some safety goggles. I also wore a painter suit but some old clothes are fine. The stuff seems to be mostly oil based and it doesn't smell that bad. I drove mine up on ramps as well. I have a air compressor with about a 30-gallon tank and it will run quite a bit when spraying.

I wore a respirator but honestly just a mask would be fine and some safety goggles. I also wore a painter suit but some old clothes are fine. The stuff seems to be mostly oil based and it doesn't smell that bad. I drove mine up on ramps as well. I have a air compressor with about a 30-gallon tank and it will run quite a bit when spraying.
Thanks so much and reassuring to know it’s worked for you in salted road areas

I have this one and it's awesome for the hot oil treatment.

Screenshot_20200907-195212.png

Could you let me know which spray gun you used with it?
This is great feedback
I don’t have a lift so it would be just driving it up ramps

do you wear a respirator applying this amount underneath?

Get the kit to begin with. You get the correct nozzles, wands to get inside the frame, two empty spray gun containers and something else. Reasonable price and you are set up correctly too.

Google Fluid Film and Woolwax. Same company I think.

Get the kit to begin with. You get the correct nozzles, wands to get inside the frame, two empty spray gun containers and something else. Reasonable price and you are set up correctly too.

Which kit? There’s two above
Wish someone had a video of how they do theirs!

Ya the kit works great.

Which kit? There’s two above
Wish someone had a video of how they do theirs!

Any kit that includes the spray gun. They supply the correct nozzle which is important. I don’t know the difference between kits. One probably supplies the gallon of FF.

You don‘t need the video, just clean the underside, blow dry with a drive down the road and spray. You can do brakes, when you overspray the muffler it will cause smoke after it gets hot. No worries. Spray everything. I do the Lexus blind it’s so low to the ground. Get your arm underneath and blast everything.

If you have a nice paved driveway a tarp is a good idea, the stuff will wear away eventually. Smells like “ wet dog” for a day or two so you may want to keep the truck outside overnight. 🤦‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom