Builds UglyCruiser Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0329171742.jpg

Got a couple almost new light force HID 240 55W for $400 for both

Reactions: RFB
Then I bought long fields, complete front rebuild kit and everything to regear to 5.29... Also installed caster correction plates while the truck was down... also tackled the rear output seal but cracked the housing in process so my lovely wife drive 5 hours away to get another Whole t case for $75.... oh and put an Aussielocker in the rear!
0616171142.jpg
0616171412.jpg
0617171613.jpg
0701171428.jpg
0722171533.jpg

Made my own panhard adjustments
IMG_20170922_151031.jpg

Then I had a drive line issue so I picked up a Double Cardan joint from a friend
IMG_20170913_215401.jpg

But the driveshaft needs to be balanced still

Made a stainless bracket for lights or CB antenna
IMG_20170907_162312.jpg

The 37's that need to have rock rings welded on and everything else.
0714171921.jpg

IMG_20170828_182914.jpg

I'm loving this thread. I think it's awesome you are able to fabricate so much. It's looking good! Can't wait to see where it goes.

Ordered a 4x4 labs rear bumper and they happened to have one sitting on the shelf ready to ship. So it has been sitting waiting for me to finish cutting the frame. Also need to put on my extended brake lines and ARB breather kit. Also looks like I need to replace an inner axle seal and my oil pump cover. Will be excited when it feels like I'll be done with baseline maintenance and have the 37's on and it drives decent

After I get the bumper on, 37's balanced and mounted, and other maintenance I may be selling it. Just maybe

Fighting the H1 beadlocks. Even more work involved with them.
I’ve run h1 locks in the past ona a More dedicated Offroad rig with out recentering using Dually hubse. There is a reason they only go 55mph in the military.... I would never run them in a dd overland type rig. I’d always have a second set. If I wanted that aggressive. I’d guess your recenters are not great either. Steel wheels get a bad rap due to cheap versions. I can’t think that an aftermarket recenter can even come close to better than cheap aftermarket production wheel. (No offense trailworthy). They offer a unique product for the hardcore type.

Great work, and ingenuity.

I'm looking forward to seeing some wheeling picks. Being from Meridian, I love seeing the beautiful Idaho scenery.

The high mountain desert is very different from the highlands jungle.

No but it's pretty easy once you know how much crap to cut and grind off. I don't have much time to myself to work on my projects so most of my projects are done in the middle of the night after wife/kids are asleep.

No but it's pretty easy once you know how much crap to cut and grind off. I don't have much time to myself to work on my projects so most of my projects are done in the middle of the night after wife/kids are asleep.

I feel ya. Usually how I gotta roll too. Ain't no sleeping in after an all nighter in the garage either :confused:

Nope, but worth it. My kids and wife are the main reason I even old the Tacoma and got this cruiser. I wanted to work on days so I sold my Tacoma to afford the pay cut and wanted better seats for my kids.

That's what I used to do as well, now my boys are 20, 17, 16, we are all in the workshop right now working on the 80. Put the time in when there young. It will pay off beyond your imagination. My motto has always been be a dad today so I can be there friend later.

IMG_5449.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom