Builds UglyCruiser Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I better keep a journal/log on here of stuff I do to the cruiser. I'm a machinist by trade so I try to make as many parts needed.

Started off with a 94 Land cruiser with 213k Ish miles. Previous owners had done this:

-OME 3" inch lift w/ heavy rear springs
-Home made bumper
-HF winch
-High output alternator
-Optima battery
-extra steering column
-CB radio
-lack of needed maintenance and general TLC

I overpaid now I see it but in retrospect and these are what it needed.

- Power steering pump rebuild and leak
- Birfields clicking
- soupy mess in the knuckle.
- leaking rear out put seal
-front brakes almost to backing plate
-No panhard adjustment so thee axles were doglegged
-Roller Fairlead missing rollers
- front bumper made from thin diamond plate so when sucking winch down it warped
-EGR check engine light
-2" worth of rake
- I'm sure there was more but I can't remember

^^^ This please. I'm interested to see if what you bought was worse than what I bought.

You can post using the upload file button. It is the preferred method of posting so the pics are saved. When you post through another source they can disappear if the company goes out of business or you close your account.

Welcome to the addiction! :flipoff2:
Gotta have a minimum of 10 posts for pic still? I don't recall what the noob restrictions are...
IH8MUD User Guide

Keep commenting!!!!

Sorry for lack of pics, I m a lead in my machine shop and work a lot of hours so free time is a battle between family time, time with wife, or working on the truck.. So mud is a last priority... Oops!

0201171016.jpg
0201171014.jpg

How I got it

0207170450a.jpg
0304170617.jpg
0318170223.jpg

Then I set to work on the front bumper,. 3/8 AR500 to reinforce the 1/8" diamond plate.... And machined my own fairlead, and machined my flatlink

Mine is uglier than that, but I like where you are headed. Looking forward to the progress.

So when are you going to setup your own online store so we can buy some of these custom bits?

Looking forward to the build, especially from a machinist.

I'm from Blackfoot now, I probably won't set up my own store but if people are interested I will help fellow members out. My most useful thing I have made is my own spindle nut following idea of someone elses. Is treasure valley over by Boise?
IMG_20170904_104403.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom