UCA question with 1" lift. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Man

SILVER Star
Threads
I just added bud sliders and full aluminum skids. Next step is to add suspension. I'm leaning towards the Ironman FCP 1" comfort as I already have a 3" lift on my FJ62, and want better road trip handling for the 200 at this stage in its life. Probably won't add bumpers to the 200 and the 1" comfort should handle the extra skid/slider weight well.

I understand the 1" lift will actually lift a bit more and ultimately settle to a bit over 1". The question is whether UCAs will make any real difference making it easier for an alignment with such a small lift. It is more about long-term reliability of the OEM UCA vs. cost for the aftermarket part. If alignment specs will still be easy to hit with a 1" lift and OEM UCA, that would be my preference.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Caster only becomes out of range at about 2"+ lift. 1" won't be an issue to adjust for, and certain aftermarket UCAs with built in static correction won't work well for 1". Personally for a street car and long term durability, stock UCAs are where it's at.

If you're upsizing tires, adjustable UCAs are very beneficial for aligning to help with fitment, but if you're sticking with a mild size like 285/65/18, I don't think you'll have any issues. For a tire that's 34" or larger like a 285/70/18 or 285/75/17, I think adjustable UCAs are worth it for alignment, but that also assumes the shop doing it knows how to align a lifted 200 properly.

Caster only becomes out of range at about 2"+ lift. 1" won't be an issue to adjust for, and certain aftermarket UCAs with built in static correction won't work well for 1". Personally for a street car and long term durability, stock UCAs are where it's at.
Thanks. When it goes into its second life of occasional town trips and lots off local off road I may go with a bigger lift. I'll avoid the UCA for now.

If you're upsizing tires, adjustable UCAs are very beneficial for aligning to help with fitment, but if you're sticking with a mild size like 285/65/18, I don't think you'll have any issues. For a tire that's 34" or larger like a 285/70/18 or 285/75/17, I think adjustable UCAs are worth it for alignment, but that also assumes the shop doing it knows how to align a lifted 200 properly.

Thanks. Sticking with the 285/70/17 RWs. The Falkens are just shy of 33".

I just added bud sliders and full aluminum skids. Next step is to add suspension. I'm leaning towards the Ironman FCP 1" comfort as I already have a 3" lift on my FJ62, and want better road trip handling for the 200 at this stage in its life. Probably won't add bumpers to the 200 and the 1" comfort should handle the extra skid/slider weight well.

I understand the 1" lift will actually lift a bit more and ultimately settle to a bit over 1". The question is whether UCAs will make any real difference making it easier for an alignment with such a small lift. It is more about long-term reliability of the OEM UCA vs. cost for the aftermarket part. If alignment specs will still be easy to hit with a 1" lift and OEM UCA, that would be my preference.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

I have the setup you’re considering, and it does start out close to 2” of lift. UCAs weren’t a necessity, but I changed them anyway since the truck was going to be in the shop. Here’s what you can expect.

56CC3F37-E68A-4DAF-823B-3A475F806434.jpeg

2B185535-919F-49EC-92CD-E8D8CE56D270.jpeg

FB583766-5483-48BB-B6FD-D3AAC8CAA195.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom