Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats good to know. I think getting them state side involves much much less risk... mine (imported it myself from JP) is filled with Bondo and rot. I can deal with it but doubt I would have gone forward with the deal if I had seen all that I have seen now. It's very obvious I guess, but a lot of cars end up for export because they will fail tests in their home country (not all of them, but a good portion). It was fun to brave the whole process, part of the enjoyment for me, but admittedly it was foolhardy! Anyway, she's mine now!

Greetings. Been lurking here for a while. I figured I'd step up and say hello now that I pulled the trigger on my new LC. Won the auction, just waiting on the ship from Japan. Can't wait!

Year and model of vehicle: 1994 HZJ77
2. IH8Mud Handle: Chinookie
3. Location of vehicle: Eastsound, WA (Orcas Island) Maybe a LC gathering out on the island???
4. Country of Origin: Japan
5. Mileage on the truck: 72k km
6. Modifications: 2" Shackle lift, wheels and tires. (Soon to be returned to original wheels and specs)
7. How you use the truck: DD

Screenshot (75).png

Greetings. Been lurking here for a while. I figured I'd step up and say hello now that I pulled the trigger on my new LC. Won the auction, just waiting on the ship from Japan. Can't wait!

3. Location of vehicle: Eastsound, WA (Orcas Island) Maybe a LC gathering out on the island???
6. Modifications: 2" Shackle lift, wheels and tires. (Soon to be returned to original wheels and specs)

Very nice to see one without OEM flares (don't like them that much). I am curious if this one is auto or manual?

Doesn't look like it has a sunroof either which is even better! :)

FJ73Texas, it's going to be a daily driver truck for the island I live on. Top speed limit here is 40mph. Auto, no sunroof to leak and no turbo to die, no lockers to break. Been there done that. Keep it simple. Eventually take the wheels and suspension back to stock as well. Maybe even manual hubs. Many want to build them up, I just like the look of an all original vintage truck.

FJ73Texas, it's going to be a daily driver truck for the island I live on. Top speed limit here is 40mph. Auto, no sunroof to leak and no turbo to die, no lockers to break. Been there done that. Keep it simple. Eventually take the wheels and suspension back to stock as well. Maybe even manual hubs. Many want to build them up, I just like the look of an all original vintage truck.

It is 99% perfect to me (sorry, just not an auto guy but would still take this example!).

Great find and great plan you have for it.

View attachment 2214149
Wow, Very nice. It looks like its in great condition. Mine was also 100% original. I just replaced the wheels...went for lot fatter wheels and tires....the 215s did not do it for me :) Which auction did you get it from? Good Luck.

Wow, Very nice. It looks like its in great condition. Mine was also 100% original. I just replaced the wheels...went for lot fatter wheels and tires....the 215s did not do it for me :) Which auction did you get it from? Good Luck.

I have been working with Japan Car Direct in Tokyo scouring the auctions for nearly four months. They have been great to work with. Very straightforward and transparent about everything. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking at a JDM import. I think it was USS Tokyo auction.

My first Land Cruiser. I found this JDM 1984 BJ74 in Odessa Tx, while I was working in the oil field in 2014. It was my daily driver for a few year, until oil prices fell out in 2016 and I had to start stripping again.

View attachment 2237708
What's the Thomasville, Ga. connection?

Stepping out to say hello - big thanks to all who participate on this and the Diesel forums. This is my first diesel and have learned a ton.

This particular truck may look familiar to a few of you - specifically @Ratpuke, @amaurer and @rckhound, whom I bought it from back in February. Have been looking on/off for a few years and this one basically fell into my lap and stoked for it. I didn't realize it would become my Corona project at the time - but very happy for it to occupy me.

1. Year and model of vehicle: 1985 BJ73 3B
2. IH8Mud Handle: loeky / Matt
3. Location of vehicle: Boulder, Colorado
4. Country of Origin: JDM
5. Mileage on the truck: 320KMs
6. Modifications: @Diesel42 Turbo, Suspension seats, Sliders, Custom Rear Bumper, ARB Front.
7. How you use the truck: DD / Weekend Shenanigans

IMG_1760.JPG

After stalling the batteries within the first day of getting it [lights go off automatically in my 100!] - it's been fun going through the systems and baselining. Will be sharing my journey in a separate thread for whatever it's worth to others.

Stepping out to say hello - big thanks to all who participate on this and the Diesel forums. This is my first diesel and have learned a ton.

This particular truck may look familiar to a few of you - specifically @Ratpuke, @amaurer and @rckhound, whom I bought it from back in February. Have been looking on/off for a few years and this one basically fell into my lap and stoked for it. I didn't realize it would become my Corona project at the time - but very happy for it to occupy me.

1. Year and model of vehicle: 1985 BJ73 3B
2. IH8Mud Handle: loeky / Matt
3. Location of vehicle: Boulder, Colorado
4. Country of Origin: JDM
5. Mileage on the truck: 320KMs
6. Modifications: @Diesel42 Turbo, Suspension seats, Sliders, Custom Rear Bumper, ARB Front.
7. How you use the truck: DD / Weekend Shenanigans

View attachment 2282093

After stalling the batteries within the first day of getting it [lights go off automatically in my 100!] - it's been fun going through the systems and baselining. Will be sharing my journey in a separate thread for whatever it's worth to others.

Congratulations! “Mr. Guderian” and I had over 100,000 km of memories together, driving around northeast BC starting in 2004 after he was imported. I hope he treats you well. Thanks for tagging me - I wondered where he was these days. 🍺

1. 1987 HJ75 with a 12HT + H55f
2. IH8Mud Handle. Bogan
3. Location of vehicle. Santa Fe, NM
4. Country of Origin. Australia
5. Mileage on the truck odometer. 200,000 ish miles
6. Modifications: stupid body lift that's coming off, ARB bumper. 12HT
6. How you use the truck. Camping, MTB trips. Work road trips (I usually spend 6 months on the road).

This truck was @Gus' and then @joekatana fixed it up, welded in new steel, cut out the rust. I picked it up this week. Planning to put a Hercules on it next month. Keeping it on 255, going to build the interior with 80/20 inspired by the Drifta builds.

Bogan-2.jpg

Bogan-1.jpg

1. 1987 HJ75 with a 12HT + H55f
2. IH8Mud Handle. Bogan
3. Location of vehicle. Santa Fe, NM
4. Country of Origin. Australia
5. Mileage on the truck odometer. 200,000 ish miles
6. Modifications: stupid body lift that's coming off, ARB bumper. 12HT
6. How you use the truck. Camping, MTB trips. Work road trips (I usually spend 6 months on the road).

This truck was @Gus' and then @joekatana fixed it up, welded in new steel, cut out the rust. I picked it up this week. Planning to put a Hercules on it next month. Keeping it on 255, going to build the interior with 80/20 inspired by the Drifta builds.

View attachment 2286432

View attachment 2286433
Thanks for posting ..... a great looking Cruiser.

If you own a legally registered 70 Series that resides in the U.S. I highly encourage you to list it here. There are 70 Series events that are held both on the east and west coast and this thread is the go-to source for contacting the 70 Series owners on 'MUD.
Thanks
If we can't find you, we can't send you an invitation......

Last edited:

Glad it went to a good home!

Year and model of vehicle: 1987 BJ75
2. IH8Mud Handle: Theglobb
3. Location of vehicle: Wilmington, NC
4. Country of Origin: France
5. Mileage on the truck: 251,000 km
6. Modifications: 2" Dobinsons lift kit, Dobinsons Bullbar
7. How you use the truck: DD, Beach Cruiser, Mud Runner

EDS_0112 (1).jpg

EDS_0115.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread