Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Long time listener, first time caller.

Excited to share that we are the new owner (bought this for my son) of this 1992 Japanese LJ78...

No mods. 150K kilometers...

Purchased from a gentleman in Louisiana who bought it while living in Japan. He imported it here two years ago after he moved back stateside. It is currently on a trailer and on its way to its new home in Florida (Panhandle)...

Will be used as a daily driver until my son moves onto something else and then I will likely hang onto and retire it as my beach cruiser...

IMG_6875.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg

Last edited:
Long time listener, first time caller.

Excited to share that we are the new owner (bought this for my son) of this 1992 Japanese LJ78...

No mods. 150K kilometers...

Purchased from a gentleman in Louisiana who bought it while living in Japan. He imported it here two years ago after he moved back stateside. It is currently on a trailer and on its way to its new home in Florida (Panhandle)...

Will be used as a daily driver/beach cruiser until my son moves onto something else and then I will likely hang onto it as my retired beach vehicle...

View attachment 2436980
Where in the Panhandle?

1. Year and model of vehicle: 1991 HZJ75
2. IH8Mud Handle: TheJadeBean
3. Location of vehicle: DFW, TX.
4. Country of Origin: Honduras
5. Mileage on the truck: 250,000 km?
6. Modifications: Reached spring and added leafs in Mexico to 3.5” lift. Dobinsons rear tire carrier/ bumper.
7. How you use the truck: Fun, weekend warrior, off road events.

So we drove this from Honduras to Texas in Oct. 2017 and sold it in 2019 to help fund buying a house. We just bought a house and by a miracle I was able to buy it BACK today actually!
9A179103-E100-4F2F-ABC6-16925B27BDB9.jpeg
8FEB19F3-69EE-4D35-A199-11F747EBC220.jpeg
4D3CD78B-5781-48F4-B73D-DA889A631154.jpeg

Year and model of vehicle: 1990 HZJ75
2. IH8Mud Handle: totoro
3. Location of vehicle: Los Angeles, California
4. Country of Origin: Colombia
5. Mileage on the truck: 25,000km since rebuild (odometer was broken at 170,00km before the resto)
6. Modifications: too many to list (camper interior, poptop, custom sliders/bumpers/tire carrier, recaros, snorkel, etc)
7. How you use the truck: built for africa but after plans changed use it as a weekend warrior and occasional baja trips

Fredonia.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.40.48 PM.png

1. 1991 HZJ77 with a 1HZ
2. IH8Mud Handle. tylerhardie
3. Location of vehicle. Black Hawk, CO
4. Country of Origin. Japan
5. Mileage on the truck odometer. 160,00 KM
6. Modifications: Zeal Lift, Custom Roof Rack
6. How you use the truck. Camping and exploring with the family.

Land Cruiser Mountans.png

Land Cruiser Profile.png

Hello Everyone,
I've been lurking and researching on this forum for a little over a year and finally bought my JDM 1995 KZJ78 back in August from an importer in Virginia. It bought it with ~201,000KM on the odometer and have added about 2,500KM since. Car came from Japan with a custom Midnight Purple/Metallic Eggplant paint job, which I really like, as well as some Falken Rubitrek rubber.

I'm located in the Mid Hudson Valley, NY and getting this ride ready for some good cruising/daily driving when there is no snow/salt on the ground. Don't intend to do much off-roading in this vehicle except for the occassional summer camping trips. I took this on a road trip to Maine the second week after it was delivered and it ran really smooth @105-110km/h on the highway (was afraid to push it at 120km/h the whole way).

Only a few interior/electrical modifications so far: new Sony head unit, Focal speakers to replace the decimated OEM ones, viper remote start/security system.

Looking forward to further mods: 2" lift, a little added wheel spacing, LED replacements for the lights. Need to replace the weatherstrip between the fenders and the body. Auto ---> manual hub locks.
Would also like to further strengthen the reliability of 1KZ-TE and add an EGT/boost gage, upgraded intercooler, and whatever else it may need. Maybe I'm overthinking it?!

Current issues - Rear window response is laggy and will not roll down more than a couple inches. It sounds like the motor is working so it might be a regulator issue? One negative has been the decaying tint on the windows - lots of scratches and peeling. Otherwise it's been a blast to drive!

(Photo taken at Storm King State Park)
IMG_1033.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom