TWT —-The Wrenching Thread. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work. Gimme a shout next time. Rory tells me I'm only a mile or so from you.

The head is back and in place. Big thanks to Rory for donating the gasket.

C9763892-4FB4-4C73-9E0E-534A00A577DF.jpeg

Purty. I'll be wrangling the front brakes today.. Damn pads went from 4mm to 1.5mm in like a month.

How's it ride now?

Heard a little top end noise yesterday. Tonight's valve adjustment solved that. Running sans valve cover before closing everything up is always the icing on the cake.

Heard a little top end noise yesterday. Tonight's valve adjustment solved that. Running sans valve cover before closing everything up is always the icing on the cake.
A little messy but for sure a better idea to get it tuned. I've seen the live adjustments videos and I can't be that guy

A little messy but for sure a better idea to get it tuned. I've seen the live adjustments videos and I can't be that guy

Ehhh, it's not too bad. There were only a few small spots. Pulling the valve cover made a bigger mess as it dripped a bit.

I'm not one to do a running adjustment.. risk vs reward is upside down there to me.

These are going on Jess's 80 today after work. Feel free to come by if you're keen.
20191003_081346.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the sliders, I really got to get some for our 80

I've not bought or worked with any others than WhiteKnuckle, but then again, I've not seen a reason to. These things fit like OEM, are manufactured to similar quality, and are built very well.

Now to get this thing on something taller than 31s...I'm pushing for 35s but her reasonability is probably gonna end up in the market for 33s.

Got a little wrenching done for the first time in months. Vacuumed up the rest of the glass from the windshield, removed the one rear shock I had left, and replaceed my rear lenses and a brake light.....little stuff but happy for any sign of progress...:bounce2:

DE6BA76E-7B06-4AD1-BD84-8859DAA92B0E.jpeg

Sweet. You'll have the SOA done by Friday, right?

Took my Transfer case is out this morning. Was going to do a part time kit, remove the VC and replace a seal with it in the truck. After I pulled the back half of the case off, I couldn’t unsee what looked like a Titanic artifact inside. Full rebuild ahead. Luckily I have a parts case sitting aside.

51496D0D-D203-40BA-B9DA-F966207C5E39.jpeg

5C91B13C-238D-4B86-8CD9-E42DCE2CFABD.jpeg

That'll be a fun build. I'd like to see that one.

Today's task was to add a tailpipe. Sort of...it at least exists behind the axle now. The bumper and fuel tank should be cooler now.... whoops.

That'll be a fun build. I'd like to see that one.
Feel free to stop by. I can show you all through it. Here’s a sneak peak. I’m way over OCD when I do stuff. A few month ago I had every bolt from a spare case chromated, so I’m finally getting to used them.

I got the case cleaned up, robbed a good gear set from inside a 100 series case I had with good bearings, installed the spool with a new bearing, ordered new output seals from Toyota, and a rear output bearing. Basically reused the shell and replaced everything inside.

I cant figure what was all over the inside of everything.

07621BAD-C61C-411D-B106-CE42342D6663.jpeg

6E055301-4ECA-4ECD-A3BF-8BD251516DF4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reset the wheel bearings after I felt a little weirdness on the way back from SCC. Managed to take up more slack than I liked, but she's a happy, albeit beat up, camper now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom