Twin Turbo 1hz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this has all ready been discussed on here.

Has anybody twin turbo'ed a 1HZ, Cant seem to find any info on internet searches.
I want to run a parallel turbo set up, I've got a few turbos that I have bought on ebay for bargin prices.
TD05 16g,
TD28,
CT12b,
X2 Ihi TD04 10t,

I was thinking of running the 2 td04's, straight off idle they could be on 10psi. But I got talking to a guy down the pub and he suggested to use the td04 and the td05, td04 for low down straight off idle and the td05 will do the higher rpm range.
My argument was I don't need boost past 3500rpm. But he got me thinking if I use the two td04's will the intake air temps be too high as they are a smallish turbo.

Any help or info on this would be great.

Do you plan on any intercooling ?..and is this a stock 1hz or a built one .
I believe your over complicating this..and the td04 and td05 are sized to closely to see any major benefit for a twin setup.
The only twins on a diesel should be compound ...with 100 psi of boost:D

Just run the td05 16g with a decent intercooler and give it boost.

Last edited:
Yeah I was planing to intercool it.
No engine is not built it's just a stockie.

What type of manifold did you intend on running for this twin setup ? ..because even if you ran twin td04 you would only have 3 cylinders feeding each turbo making it more laggy than one properly sized turbo feeding from 6 cylinders

I will be running 2 exhaust manifolds.
Yeah but you will still be feeding each turbo with only 3 cylinders if your going to be running 2 exhaust manifolds.
Go for gold though & let us know how much of lag monster it will be:hillbilly:.If you hope to be seeing 10psi just off idle just wait to see what boost levels & IAT's your going to have loaded up at 3500-4000.
I think if you run the td04's those will be pumping some extremely hot air under boost.

I run a garrett larger than the td05 & was seeing 115 degree iat's with 7 psi, before I intercooled it..and that was just cruising down the freeway on a 35 degree day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom