Tweaked my effin' back today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This morning I was on my way to Home Depot to get some mineral spirits to clean my parts--the last component of my axle rebuild prep. With me is my 18 month daughter, as I was going to do the job in my in-laws garage and my M-I-L was going to take care of her while I worked. (Background info: little over a year a blew 2 discs in my lower back. I have been feeling great lately almost 100%) As I went to get her out of the car seat my back popped again. Not as bad as the first time, but I could feel that it was close. One wrong move and I will be effed in the ay for several weeks. Needless to say I can't spend a whole day bent over yanking on parts to do the project. I am bummed. Spent alot of time searching, researching, asking questions and buying cool tools, and was excited to do the rebuild myself. Thanks to all for the help and info, I would not have even considered it if not for this board. The cruiser is going to the mechanic on Monday. @&@&@&@&!

That sucks, I know the feeling. But, imagine if you were right in the middle of the project, that would have sucked even more.

Sorry to hear it Ryan, hope it doesn't bother you too long. I've got a bulging disc, a herniated disc and a totally degenerated disc. I trust you're familair with the epidural (injection) and can get some relief soon. Having a little one to carry around makes it tough indeed! :frown:

Fromage said:
That sucks, I know the feeling. But, imagine if you were right in the middle of the project, that would have sucked even more.

Exactly. That's why my mechanic is doing it on Monday. I did not want to start and not be able to finish, leaving my rig in the in-laws garage.

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe your mechanic is a good enough man to let you pull up a chair and a heating pad to watch and learn for the next one. Get well soon..

this SO chat;)

and i did mine right away this morning at work. dragging a sheet of 16GA across the shop. one little tweak hurt right away and only got worse over the next half hour. took some asprin and by lunch was "almost" normal. still aches alittle now depending how i move.
scared me though, thought i was going to be in for a long painful weekend.:doh:

Tinker said:
Sell me your SST!

Even if I never use the SST again, I don't think I could let it go. It ( the knuckle centering gauge) is too cool--all machined and purty. Plus, I learned my lesson back in college when I sold a bunch of tools and stuff to pay rent. Odds are I'll need it again.

cabron said:
Sorry to hear that man. Maybe your mechanic is a good enough man to let you pull up a chair and a heating pad to watch and learn for the next one. Get well soon..

Planning on it. He's a good guy. Good call on the heating pad. That and some vitamin 'I' and I could sit there all day.

This IS so chat.

M

Mike S said:
This IS so chat.

M

Agreed. I just posted it here because it is how my axle rebuild project started, or ended. Got lots of help from folks in this section, didn't think others would know what I was referring too. I'd move it if I knew how.

Aw, sorry to hear about that.

I knew a fella that needed bed rest for days everytime he threw out his back.
Sounds like at least you're able to get up an around, so that's a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom