turning my 86 2L into a Turbo 2LT with a Saab TD04-15 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the gopro in my bag so I took a quick crummy ride along vid.. hopefully convince a couple more people to try the td04 šŸ˜†..

Had the gopro in my bag so I took a quick crummy ride along vid.. hopefully convince a couple more people to try the td04 šŸ˜†..

Awesome! Looks and sounds like it accelerates pretty well. Iā€™m eager to get mine fitted up. Iā€™m jealous of your tach too. Mine doesnā€™t have RPMs but it does have turbo lights and a glow light that I donā€™t want to lose lol.

Iā€™m trying to get the turbo line sizes right before I order them to avoid having to return and order multiple times. You just ordered the universal mambo kit for the td04hl right? It looks like it comes with the oil restrictive and everything. Iā€™ve already got factory turbo lines in the block so I just need to figure the sizes on those fittings. Was the m12x1.5 4an fitting used for the oil drain on the actual turbo? And did you just hose clamp the other end of the hose to the bung you added on the pan? Sorry for all the questions lol, Iā€™ve never messed with turbos before. Seems fairly straightforward, just something Iā€™ve never done before.

Awesome! Looks and sounds like it accelerates pretty well. Iā€™m eager to get mine fitted up. Iā€™m jealous of your tach too. Mine doesnā€™t have RPMs but it does have turbo lights and a glow light that I donā€™t want to lose lol.

Iā€™m trying to get the turbo line sizes right before I order them to avoid having to return and order multiple times. You just ordered the universal mambo kit for the td04hl right? It looks like it comes with the oil restrictive and everything. Iā€™ve already got factory turbo lines in the block so I just need to figure the sizes on those fittings. Was the m12x1.5 4an fitting used for the oil drain on the actual turbo? And did you just hose clamp the other end of the hose to the bung you added on the pan? Sorry for all the questions lol, Iā€™ve never messed with turbos before. Seems fairly straightforward, just something Iā€™ve never done before.
The 12x1.5 was for the turbo oil inlet. I originally had a restrictive fitting as thatā€™s what came with my kit.. it was junky and the threads galled up right away. After a while I changed it to a new non restrictive style and noticed that the turbo spooled a hair better and no negatives ( no extra smoke or oil leaking )
The feed line I used was I think 2 feet long, standard per the kit as you mentioned. I tapped into the block oil pressure port for the feed with a T but I guess you can also use the port right next to the sender. Iā€™ll probably revert to that on a real rainy day.

For the return I have a 1/2ā€ hard pipe that connects to my oil pan.. probably should have gone 5/8 or bigger in hindsight.. you can run a flex hose if you want but I had the pipe on hand.

Really for the oil like what matters the most is the 1/8ā€ pipe fitting for the block. The fitting for the oil pan can be kinda what we you find that fits
Sounds like you are on the right track!!!

parece enrollarse bien por todas partes, pero es lo suficientemente grande como para no ejecutar la compuerta de desechos en absoluto... puede generar un impulso por debajo de 2000 rpm, pero estĆ” feliz de hacer 20 psi en su punto Ć³ptimo de 2000 a 4000 rpm... la brida rectangular t25 fue parte de por quĆ© elegĆ­ ese camino, solo para mantener las cosas fĆ”ciles.
por ser un single de geomerty fijo sin intercooler, enrolla bien!! (Un poco mƔs lento que mi VW golf con VVT turbo)

šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø estuve leyendo tus foros y tus fotos de las modificaciones que le hiciste a tu pick up 2L y queria hacerte unas preguntas, tengo el mismo turbo que tu. Tengo un motor Toyota 3L. ĀæCuĆ”nta presiĆ³n del actuador usĆ³ en bar y la vĆ”lvula de alivio, cuĆ”ntos psi usĆ³, por favor? Gracias šŸ™

did the timing belt on my 2l the other day, I go over the TDC marks towards the end of this video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom