Wanted Turbo Diesel 60 series with H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys - Just joined up. I've been lurking for quite some time and have decided that I want my first cruiser to be a 60 series turbo diesel with the 5 speed.

Rust free is a must.

This truck will be my daily driver. I'd like it to be as fairly close to stock as is reasonable for a 30+ year old rig. I'm new to the cruiser world, so any advice is welcome!

Cheers!

Bud

Have you checked out the importing section? What is your budget?

Hey Mr Tibbs -

Thank you for the reply. I just finished browsing the import section. Thanks for pointing that out to me as I hadn't seen that. Budget is 17-19 on a nice LHD. Ideally euro spec. I'd consider RHD but would my budget would slide about 4K less.

I love what I've seen of the 12ht and actually drove one listed in Arkansas a few weeks ago. Awesome engine, but I'm concerned with parts availability. Assuming that's not a problem, that would likely be my first choice.

Cheers!

Bud

For a nice rustfree Lhd HJ61 ( the only oem td 60 series) you will have to set your budget higher especially if you expect anything under 200 k miles or ac.

They do not give these Cruisers away in Europe,what you expect sells between 15 to 25 K Euros there so ad transport taxes,fees and a small profit marge for whomever takes all the risk and you see you come a bit short.

Or consider a nice rhd with your actual budget,land Cruisers Direct usually has some nice hj61's in stock.

Joe

They do not give these Cruisers away in Europe....

Joe

It's certainly a shame that they aren't trading in British pound.

I actually left a voicemail with Steve at land cruisers direct a few days back. His trucks looks nice and my first impression from his site is that he's not trying to hide anything.

Good news for me is that I'm in no hurry.

Thanks Joe!

Cheers

Bud

i can tell you that Steve jackson owner of land cruiser direct is legit,honest and does not sell junk LC
i spent a day with him and saw his shop and drove two of his lc nice trucks and truly cares about his rep. and the customer satisfaction..

i can tell you that Steve jackson owner of land cruiser direct is legit,honest and does not sell junk LC
i spent a day with him and saw his shop and drove two of his lc nice trucks and truly cares about his rep. and the customer satisfaction..

That's great to know. He's in Missouri right?

Land Cruisers Direct is where me and my wife purchased our import Land Cruisers. We could not have asked for a better experience.

With that being said, I think that your price point for a rust free diesel cruiser may be a tad low. Especially for a LHD. I paid around your price point for a RHD HJ61 that is not perfect, but in pretty good shape, and that close to two years ago. Prices seemed to have risen since then.

Don't be discouraged though! Both the wife and I LOVE our diesel Land Cruisers! So far we have not run into any parts issues thanks to Cruiser Outfitters. We might have to wait for a bit (currently waiting on a clutch booster for my HJ61), but we have yet to be left hanging. Last year we took a week long vacation on the HJ61 to Yellowstone, this year it was Oregon and Cali, and next year we are looking at a 10-12 day trip up into Canada. LOVING the diesel Cruisers!!

Don't be discouraged though! LOVING the diesel Cruisers!!

Thank you for the input! I'm coming from a world where I've had a new platinum tundra every other year. Pretty easy to value. Also pretty boring after a while.

It'll certainly take me a while to get a feel for the market, but with enough looks I'm certain the right one will land in my garage.

Just a quick bump and minor update. Met with Steve Jackson yesterday at his shop. He's awesome. Good guy, gave me a lot of insight.

Here's my idea of a dream truck: HJ61. 12HT. H55 transmission.

Do these even exist? Or will I grow old before I find a decent one?

Cheers! Bud

i have a non turbo 1987 hj60 g-wagon lhd already papered for reg in usa and plated. its basically everything you want h55 trans 2h diesel, its just missing the turbo. rust free por coated frame but needs some rust repair in rear quarters. has lots of goodies on it and runs fantastic! im looking to get 14k for mine which would leave you 5k for whatever you want :D. pm me if your interested, its also posted in the classifieds aswell
:cheers:

2H with a Turbo is nowhere close to a 12HT.

Plenty of HJ61's around with 12HT H55 and even cable lockers.

Pretty sure Steve will get some more in and a friend of mine is bringing 2 from Spain lhd in pristine condition but they will be around 40k so not for everybody :(

Joe

I missed it by a day... Drove the new rhd Aussie 61 that he just got in and it's an awesome truck that I think is well priced. It's got the 12ht and 440 auto.

I don't know that I can compromise on the 12ht or the h55. And I also think I'll have to tell the wife she better start putting in OT!

Cheers!

Here's my idea of a dream truck: HJ61. 12HT. H55 transmission.

Do these even exist? Or will I grow old before I find a decent one?

Cheers! Bud

Steve got me one, plus cable lockers! Not quite rust free, but we can't have everything. I've been more than thrilled so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom