Tunnel Modifications for H55F and twin stick setup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone happen to know what specific modifications are required on the trans tunnel hump to fit the H55F and Split Case with twin sticks in a 76 FJ40? Does anyone have a template or even have one they have modified they may be looking to sell? TIA!

Just a suggestion....you may want to specify which H55F , the 40 series or 60 series. If not the posters will have you running 40-11 different rabbit trails and you will be more confused than ever.

Just a suggestion....you may want to specify which H55F , the 40 series or 60 series. If not the posters will have you running 40-11 different rabbit trails and you will be more confused than ever.

Beat me to it. Pivot point for twin stick is the same on all H55Fs. The transmission shift location has two options. 73-78 is the range transmission hump that would need the same mods.

It’s a new H55F which is only available with the 60 top cover unfortunately. It’s also a brand new split case though that doesn’t matter in this case.

If I was using a 60 series H55F verses one from a 40 series I would look at modifying the tunnel to use a 70 series inspection cover and boots. Instead of a twin stick would just leave the gate of the transfer shifter setup which allows 2WD low range. I like it because 70 series boots are smaller than the 60 series. This set also put the transfer case shifter forward of the transmission shift cane. On the 40 series the transmission is slightly forward of the transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom