Tundra Rock Warrior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What year is your RW Tundra?

-We’ve yet to say anything, but that Optitron cluster looks like a promising unit. I like it!

Also, what kind of miles are you at - to have done RR wheel bearings?

—Still looking how we add sonar to our rigs - mine’s a 2012, but it also has a bunch of Bluetooth/phone crap on the wheel I never use.

Mine isn’t fancy, but got the tow package & whatever package got the moonroof - no clue where the steering wheel / phone controls fit in all of it.

I have the basic stereo & obviously, no park assist/sonar ATM.

What year is your RW Tundra?

-We’ve yet to say anything, but that Optitron cluster looks like a promising unit. I like it!

Also, what kind of miles are you at - to have done RR wheel bearings?

—Still looking how we add sonar to our rigs - mine’s a 2012, but it also has a bunch of Bluetooth/phone crap on the wheel I never use.

Mine isn’t fancy, but got the tow package & whatever package got the moonroof - no clue where the steering wheel / phone controls fit in all of it.

I have the basic stereo & obviously, no park assist/sonar ATM.

Its a 2009 RW flex fuel 5.7L with 119K miles.

Here is the story on the Opritron cluster. I ordered one with 120k miles and the plan was to swap it out when the mileage on my truck matched the mileage on the new cluster. Well when I installed it just to verify it worked the mileage on it was 137k not 120k. I got the cluster for around $175 and it would have cost $145 locally to have the mileage changed to match my truck. I didn't want to invest that much money into the cluster so I ended up selling it on eBay. Another issue is there must be some differences in the fuel senders or how the gauge reads between flex fuel and non flex fuel because my fuel gauge was off by about 1/4 tank. I think I have found the part number for an Optitron for flex fuel but it seems it like finding a unicorn in the wild, I just haven't been able to find one. I have techstream now so I was going to poke around in there to see if maybe there is a setting for this, but I doubt it.

Its too bad you are not local, I bought the steering wheel controls and have been trying to find someone to swap air bag covers with me but haven't had any luck.

I haven't checked on the sonar wiring but if I can get a front and rear camera working with this new head unit I think I'll be good. Also I'd have to buy a new drive monitor with the sonar button and I'm trying to keep a reasonable budget on this build.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Its a 2009 RW flex fuel 5.7L with 119K miles.

Here is the story on the Opritron cluster. I got the cluster for around $175 and it would have cost $145 locally to have the mileage changed to match my truck. I didn't want to invest that much money into the cluster so I ended up selling it on eBay.

View attachment 2360356

What trans is in your RW?

By he 2012’s the have a manu-matic (whatever Toyota calls it) - that the far left cluster down by the “D” has a window to show when you switch to manual shifting, what drive gear you’re in - it is backlit like my odometer but my odometer is all that the speedo has -no ”info status” display like the door open or whatever else it does.

Or is your stock cluster sound like what mine is (I’ll pic mine tomorrow) - seems like alot changed in a few short years....

But mine’s not E85/Flex either, but if you got the mirror I expect, tou get a backup cam in it - but you need the right tailgate latch surround for the camera (mine’s that way).

I’m sitting on a now-older Alpine 009 Tundra restyle H/U - if I can‘t make sonar work, like you I’m just going to add a camera up front thru the screen & leave the rear as is.

But I want the sonar, so I plan to keep looking - I saw a sonar ECU FS, but it’s a 2015 - not sure it’ll work in our trucks.

Sensors are cheap, I’ve thought about buying a FR pair & just seeing if the sockets I suspect on the core support are for the sensors - I Have 2 unused sockets / frame harness :hmm:

What trans is in your RW?

By he 2012’s the have a manu-matic (whatever Toyota calls it) - that the far left cluster down by the “D” has a window to show when you switch to manual shifting, what drive gear you’re in - it is backlit like my odometer but my odometer is all that the speedo has -no ”info status” display like the door open or whatever else

I have the cluster you are describing with the little window that shows the gear when manually shifting. I also have the OEM rear backup camera. The monitor for mine drops down from the overhead console and is not built into the rear view mirror, they moved it to the mirror in 2010. You can see my cluster in this thread in the picture with my steering wheel cover.

This is currently what the backup camera in my truck looks like:
4063249E-E806-40DA-8966-B54A66671B65.jpeg

Dang...never heard of anything besides the mirror / upgrade to screen view from the deluxe radio - I know less than I previously thought.....dang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom