Tundra 5.7L vs LX570 Timing belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Post 198 in this thread from a member who did the whole job.

Trying to find part numbers for chain, tensioners, water pump and anything else thats needed to be done at the same time
The water pump I get but why consider changing the chains and tensioners? Unless my experience is out of whack, those seem to be pretty much lifetime parts on the 5.7.

The water pump I get but why consider changing the chains and tensioners? Unless my experience is out of whack, those seem to be pretty much lifetime parts on the 5.7.
I think it's different for the Tundra 5.7L and that's what's going to be worked on.

Cam phasers are a known issue as well, though I'm not sure if this is before a certain build date. If you are doing tensioners and phasers, might as well do everything.

I think it's different for the Tundra 5.7L and that's what's going to be worked on.
You prompted me to do some digging and I found an interesting detail.

Part number for a water pump on a 2013 200-series with the 3UR is 16100-39496
Punch that in to the US discount parts sites and it is replaced with 16100-09491 which also happens to be the "locally sourced" part for the US-built 3UR and when doing a google image search is US built.

So it appears if we want an original-quality water pump we need to use something like partsouq or an international source that won't sub the local part.

Same story for the fan support bearing bracket.. though that Japanese part is $100 on souq, vs $213 for the US part on a discount site.

I already have the US-supplied parts on my rig.. but will be keeping all of this in mind when/if I do them again as PM.

Either way they all appear to be interchangeable, it just has to do with where the part was built.. and conceivably the quality of things like the bearings used.

Sending myself in circles. I need a timing chain KIT for a 2015 Tundra with the 5.7. I can find individual parts but not the kit (We order a 4.7 timing belt kit here in AU with all the seals and parts required)

Does such a thing exist?

Prefer Genuine parts not chinese knock off's

s-l1600.jpg

Toyota itself rarely does "kits," though individual dealerships or OEM parts suppliers can build a kit for you. I don't understand why they do it (or don't do it, rather) but the last 5.7 timing chain job I did, I had to comb through diagrams to make sure I got everything I needed to do the job. And I still missed a few gaskets, and Toyota mislabeled a tensioner, and I ended up with two LH tensioners....the whole job is tedious. From parts to doing the chains. It sucks.

Oh and while you're in there you might as well reseal the camshaft housings. Because you have to take it all back apart, chains and all, to reseal those puppies! Just make sure the rocker arms stay on the lifters when you reinstall the cams....

Sending myself in circles. I need a timing chain KIT for a 2015 Tundra with the 5.7. I can find individual parts but not the kit (We order a 4.7 timing belt kit here in AU with all the seals and parts required)

Does such a thing exist?

Prefer Genuine parts not chinese knock off's

View attachment 3241700
Call or email cruiseroutfitters.com (new website is cruiserteq.com). Kurt and the guys there are fabulous resources and likely can source all the parts you need, if you don’t mind the extra week or two to ship to Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom