trying to identify -- engine bay tube support (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

I have a tube inside a 2003 LX470 engine bay. The tube is supported to the interior wall of the engine bay, closest to the cabin. The plastic tube support broke and now the tube flaps around.

Here is a photo of which part I am referring to (not sure if it will appear in line or attached).

IMG_3152.JPG

I've been searching through online parts catalogues but cannot identify.

Any idea of what subsystem I should be looking at?

Thank you!
Matthew

I think it may be this one: 87616-35010

It's in 'Electrical -> Wiring & Clamp -> ~9th page'

The diagram indicates that two are used. I can't verify at the moment, but I don't remember a second one, so this might be a smaller clamp, perhaps. I'm ordering one and should have it in a week if you want to know for sure.

Here's a thread from the 80 series forum that might be helpful. Possibly even the same part. Mystery wiring harness clamp

hYoQQNP.jpg

Last edited:
I think it may be this one: 87616-35010

It's in 'Electrical -> Wiring & Clamp -> ~9th page'

The diagram indicates that two are used. I can't verify at the moment, but I don't remember a second one, so this might be a smaller clamp, perhaps. I'm ordering one and should have it in a week if you want to know for sure.

Here's a thread from the 80 series forum that might be helpful. Possibly even the same part. Mystery wiring harness clamp

Wow, great find. Didn't realize others were also wondering about it too.

Would love to hear if that's the right part once your receive yours. Thank you!

@Qtonic

UPDATE:

Got the part into the dealership today (apparently they said it was the last one in the dealership network? they shipped it from LA).
The part is unfortunately too small.

The guy at the parts department happened to be a LC100 enthusiast, and said the part I need to is part of the wiring harness.

Good news: He said they had some old harnesses in the shop and would pull the part off of an old harness! He found it within 10 mins, and we installed the part. Good to go (minus color mismatch because of age.. but that's OK :D)

Awesome! Glad they hooked you up.

So to clarify that part number is NOT what we're after?

Awesome! Glad they hooked you up.

So to clarify that part number is NOT what we're after?

87616-35010 is NOT the part # we're after. It is a wire clamp, but it is too small (perhaps ~0.75" diameter) and did not appear to have a feature that clips to the engine wall bracket.

I think the only way to get this part without buying a harness is to ask dealers if it can be pulled off of a disposed harness.

Why not use a couple of zip ties? Seems like a simple fix.

Just some OCD of wanting the the engine bay to look as designed - and was doing a parts purchase at the dealership anyways.

Otherwise zip ties work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom