Trouble w/ a 2004 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
s1336.photobucket.com
Uggggg!!!! Need good qualified Tech advice. And probably a good qualified Technician as well.
My daughter has a 2004 2wd 4Runner with the 4.7 V8 with 116k miles.
Check Engine Light !!!
It's throwing CEL codes for the Air Injection Pump & valves.
Codes:
P1442 Toyota - Stuck Closed In Secondary Air Injection Vacuum Switching Valve Bank 1
P1445 Toyota - Switching Valve No. 2 Stuck Closed Bank 2
P2441 Toyota - Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 1

This looks like an expensive repair at the Toyota dealer. Information across Toyota forums is all over the board from no problem to big problem for repairs.

There appears to be a "bypass" fix. Looks like less $$, but don't know the best solution.
Hewitt Technologies Inc. - Store

Does anybody know somebody that can steer a guy in the right direction ???
Need help quick . . .
Stacey

I'd try this: Secondary Air Injection Pump Failure on V8's! Important! - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

And it looks like RockAuto has the pump and valves (or at least part numbers you can pirate):

2005_TOYOTA_4RUNNER_4_7L_V8_Air_Diverter___Bypass_Valve___RockAuto.png

This is Paul with www.Hewitt-Tech.com I would be glad to help you with any info.
You are probably going buy the build date though as the 4.7L didn't get the system until 2005 model year but it is possible there were a few early vehicles. We don't hear good things about people going with the aftermarket parts, they don't seem to last long.
One of our standard bypass kits, either the wired or plug and play for the 2005-2007 years, should be able to take care of that for you.
here is a link to the kits for you:
http://hewitt-tech.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=26
We recommend the Plug and Play kits for most people.
Feel Free to Call Toll Free or Email us for more info or help.
844-307-7671
support@hewitt-tech.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom