Trekboxx for FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TrekboxX

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey all! For those of you that haven't heard of Trekboxx, we are a huge company... Ok, I lied. It's actually just me. I make drawer systems for the LC, 4runner, and Jeep crowd and have had a lot of requests over the years for an FJ system. I wanted to start the conversation and get any feedback you may have about a couple of new systems for the FJ. I'll be starting a pre-order very soon and wanted to share some of my conclusions and see what you think.

I've had an FJ in the shop and have had time to mock up a few things. At this point it looks like I'll be doing 4 systems- an Alpha, a Bravo, and an extended (2nd row delete) version of both. The FJ is even smaller than the Jeep JKU in longitudinal cargo space, so the fridge options look like they'll be limited to around 40l models for the standard Alpha setup. The extended version will have a much larger fridge space, a very long (roughly 54") large drawer, and an additional storage hatch in front of the fridge area. Additionally, I'll be offering a "kicker" which would fold down off the front of the extended version when the front seats are moved forward to make a full (roughly 73") sleeping platform. Both systems will have some new cool features- more on that later.

The donor rig I have is a 2007 model with the subwoofer on the passenger side. I'd love any feedback you may have on any differences through the years. I can't seem to find many differences in my research, only subwoofer and non-subwoofer models. I know many FJ owners use the hatch for molle storage panels, etc., so I've opted to put the fridge and pullout work surface on the passenger side- but I'm open to suggestions.

Below is a LC system for inspiration and a couple of rough mock-ups of the extended Alpha version.

David

@coledudley 2.JPEG
FJCSAX MASTER V5.png
FJCSAX MASTER V5 2.png

The only other optional feature in the trunk that I can think of is the power inverter in the passenger side wheel well. Its hard to tell from your rendering if that would still be accessible not. I don't have this in my rig, but I think it was more common on the 2011+ FJ's as those came fully loaded from Toyota.

I would also agree with putting the fridge slide on the passenger side as I think lots people will have a molle rack on the drivers side above the wheel well. Here's a pic of my truck with the rack and my not as nice diy drawers :)

Last edited:
@TNos54 thanks for the info! Those drawers look pretty darn good BTW.

Yeah, the donor I have has that inverter. I think those that want to keep it would just need to relocate the plug. Easy enough to do.

Looks like a well executed system. My thoughts on rear power are that you can do better than Toyota did with a little effort (improvements such as key-off power). If you plan to install a whole new cargo system, then taking it one step further, you can put the outlet in a more convenient place with 100% run time.

Looks like a well executed system. My thoughts on rear power are that you can do better than Toyota did with a little effort (improvements such as key-off power). If you plan to install a whole new cargo system, then taking it one step further, you can put the outlet in a more convenient place with 100% run time.
Totally agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom