TRD Tacoma Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I am in need of tires / rims on the FJ 55. FJ55 currently has 31x10:50x15 on BFGs. I’d like to go modern anyone know if the TRD’s 17x265 will fit, without issues?

D74B9D48-3646-40DA-A0CB-3A4B7D512667.jpeg

May have stumbled upon a good find, BFG’s 285 70 17’s anyone know if they will fit without modifications on my 72 FJ55. I currently have 31 10:50 15. I still have room between wheels and frame. I’m not worried about articulation.

May have stumbled upon a good find, BFG’s 285 70 17’s anyone know if they will fit without modifications on my 72 FJ55. I currently have 31 10:50 15. I still have room between wheels and frame. I’m not worried about articulation.
That's probably a small 33" I have the 285 75 17's on my tundra and they measure 33.9. Are you going to get the Taco wheels? I'm on the hunt for 17" wheels for my pig and have been searching, but it seems like most pig owners go for the stock 15's.

Thanks for the reply, I decided to run Mwthod 17” wheels with 285 / 70 tires. I had to machine the hubs to fit the wheels, I also am running disc brakes up front and had to machine the OD of hubs (above the studs) to fit the rotors. It’s coming together. Next headache will be the FI system, but it’ll be wit it.

Could you have machined the wheels instead of your hubs? Not sure what FI is....Fuel Injection?

Could you have machined the wheels instead of your hubs? Not sure what FI is....Fuel Injection
Could you have machined the wheels instead of your hubs? Not sure what FI is....Fuel Injection?
Yes on maching the wheels, but avoided doing it because the center vanity caps would not have fit and I didn’t want to ruin new wheels. The Trd pro wheels are designed for auto locking hubs and may not slide over the manual hub. I will be installing fuel injection as well. I installed FI on an older Chevrolet and in my opinion it’s the way to go, better performance fuel economy and no more fumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom