TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Have looked into archives and tried to read up as much as I can but since the newest post was still few years old, thought to pick your all's brain.

Where to source this bad boi?
would I need any tuning with it?
Who here has it and for how long and any issues?
Would it give you a good grin?

Thanks

You could also add to one of those threads and keep all the info in one place . . .

- used pull from another vehicle, but they do show up NOS rarely ($$$)
- need a piggyback ECM
- I've driven a 100 with an s/c, it was noticeable, but not worth the expense to me at least. My 80 had one too, but it came with it from PO, same thing, it was fun, but I wouldn't have dropped the coin to put one on

Do you have larger tires or are you rolling on stock diameter? If you are using 34-35 inch tires, you might find more benefit in regearing.

I believe that the superchargers can only be sourced used. This makes them more expensive and one issue is making sure that you have all of the parts. My understanding is that originally the kits came with a piggyback ECU to handle the tuning, but that more tuning could also be done. I was told that the supercharger has been on my 100 for about 80k miles now. It still runs incredibly well nd the motor is at 280k miles!. While it is fun, I believe that the regearing has made a bigger difference than the SC, but with both it is quite fun. Not sure that I would prioritize a SC if I was picking up the tab and looking to build it for offroad.

I might have one. Just bought a 99 with a bad cylinder and factory installed TRD SC. I'm not sure if the SC was to blame, but from what I can tell, the 100 series has no documented SC issues, unlike the Sequoia and Tundra. Going to do the engine swap, then make a decision on the SC during that time. I'll let you know.

Reactions: Dmi
I might have one. Just bought a 99 with a bad cylinder and factory installed TRD SC. I'm not sure if the SC was to blame, but from what I can tell, the 100 series has no documented SC issues, unlike the Sequoia and Tundra. Going to do the engine swap, then make a decision on the SC during that time. I'll let you know.
I’d be interested in talking to you about this once you decide....

:poop:

Hey Guys,

Have looked into archives and tried to read up as much as I can but since the newest post was still few years old, thought to pick your all's brain.

Where to source this bad boi?
would I need any tuning with it?
Who here has it and for how long and any issues?
Would it give you a good grin?

Thanks
Dude... contact James. I bought a supercharger with nothing but the blower and Janes hooked me up with every part, washer, bracket and helped me tune and set it up. He is a stand up guy who knows everything there is to know about this! I believe he has 4 complete units as well. I absolutely love mine!!! Major difference. His email is jrmccann.jr@wavecable.com

Dude... contact James. I bought a supercharger with nothing but the blower and Janes hooked me up with every part, washer, bracket and helped me tune and set it up. He is a stand up guy who knows everything there is to know about this! I believe he has 4 complete units as well. I absolutely love mine!!! Major difference. His email is jrmccann.jr@wavecable.com
Is he in Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom