TRD skid plates for 200 (2016+) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to see if I can order this from my dealership. Looks tight!

Part no: MS301-60001

20171207_202117.jpg

20171207_202106.jpg

Never seen it. Does it have a cut out for the oil filter? If not, get a bud built (for that and other reasons).

Never seen it. Does it have a cut out for the oil filter? If not, get a bud built (for that and other reasons).

+1 for the BudBuilt skids.

when i googled it, it seems to be from Japan and russia. However the brochure is in english..... maybe future plans for the US. i'm going to check tomorrow for availability. i tried googling the part number and the brochure link just comes up...

Looks badass and from TRD.

also on the TRD brochure, they offer a suspension package that lifts the car up 25mm which is close to 1 inch.

Man, I really don’t get TRD.

If that is as it appears...with SO much metal cut out just to spell “TRD” then it would make a better cheese grater than a protective skid.

Man, I really don’t get TRD.

If that is as it appears...with SO much metal cut out just to spell “TRD” then it would make a better cheese grater than a protective skid.

haha true, but it still a T....R...D.... haha :p

Probably not a good idea to take that stuff off-road where the big rocks live. Looks like one good hit and it would crumple like aluminum foil.

All for show. No real protection for off-road use. It's just a garnish crap, which they probably copied from Mercedes GL/GLS.

They call it a garnish, not even a skid. Looks really thin. I have the TRD skid plate for the 4Runner/Tacoma on my 4Runner. Bashed it pretty hard and it has held up fine. A lot more stout than the thin stock metal. Got it from a guy selling his truck for $50, otherwise would have gone with a better aftermarket version like Bud Built. Only problem is no cutout for the filter, and it is really heavy. Makes oil changes a bit more difficult, for a weakling like me. Nice thing with the Bud Builts is you can leave then on for oil changes. The thing posted by OP looks like it provides zero protection.

Mainly I love that the alloy wheel allows passengers to go "off road." No telling if it allows the same for the driver :(

ok found out that it's not available to order..... oh welp! it does look cool though. :)

ok found out that it's not available to order..... oh welp! it does look cool though. :)

Honestly, it's a blessing. No protection offered by those things...

Throw a real skid on there...and BOOM. Cool. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom