TRD beadlock wheels on 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I was looking around to see if the wheels would fit my 93 LC. I did some research and found information but nothing too solid. This thread is to help with future mudders looking to slap these wheels on:
  • 93 LC
  • 16x7.5 TRD bead lock style wheels (part # PTR18-35090-BR)
  • Needed 1.5" spacers (used Slees)
  • The fronts fit perfectly with the spacers
  • The rears ALMOST fit - I was able to put the wheels on but the nuts on the rear axle get in the way (excuse my lack of terminally) of the center cap lip of the wheel
    • I got the rear wheels on by slowly torquing down each lug nut. Making the nuts dig into the center cap lip of the wheel wheel
    • The car vibrated very slightly since the wheels were centered completely .
  • I ended up boring all 5 wheels out to 108mm to make it a perfect fit

SUMMARY = you need 1.5" spacers, 108mm bore on wheels, and you won't be able to put center caps on. I hope this helps for future mudders looking to put on the TRD bead lock style wheels.

Last edited:
Pics

IMG_4899.PNG

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4786.JPG

Looks good.

In my 6bt thread, I wrote a bit about this... easier yet is just 10mm head ARP bolts on the rear axles... er' well, that's what I did :)

img_2108-jpg.1468443

Hi all,

I was looking around to see if the wheels would fit my 93 LC. I did some research and found information but nothing too solid. This thread is to help with future mudders looking to slap these wheels on:
  • 93 LC
  • 16x7.5 TRD bead lock style wheels (part # PTR18-35090-BR)
  • Needed 2.5" spacers (used Slees)
  • The fronts fit perfectly with the spacers
  • The rears ALMOST fit - I was able to put the wheels on but the nuts on the rear axle get in the way (excuse my lack of terminally) of the center cap lip of the wheel
    • I got the rear wheels on by slowly torquing down each lug nut. Making the nuts dig into the center cap lip of the wheel wheel
    • The car vibrated very slightly since the wheels were centered completely .
  • I ended up boring all 5 wheels out to 108mm to make it a perfect fit

SUMMARY = you need 2.5" spacers, 108mm bore on wheels, and you won't be able to put center caps on. I hope this helps for future mudders looking to put on the TRD bead lock style wheels.
You mean 1.5 inch spacers not 2.5 inch right?

Yes, 1.5" spacers. I'll fix the original post. Good catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom