Trasharoo without tire or ladder? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any ideas? Sick of having the garbage in the cab on the way home.
Don't you have a flash roof rack up top? strap a bag or box up there for your rubbish

Yeah, you’re probably right. I guess I was hoping there was some trick to hang it from the roof off the side or back that I didn’t know of, that way it wouldn’t become a box of shirt soup sloshing around up there.

Just spit-wadding here, but I think you might be able wrap the trash-A-Roo through the rear flip up window and down through the bottom of the door.
You should still be able to shut the rear window and close the rear door just fine. If you'd like, I can try it with mine tomorrow if I have time.

Just spit-wadding here, but I think you might be able wrap the trash-A-Roo through the rear flip up window and down through the bottom of the door.
You should still be able to shut the rear window and close the rear door just fine. If you'd like, I can try it with mine tomorrow if I have time.
I like it. That would be rad if it worked. Seems like it might be too big though. If you can take a look that'd be awesome. I guess I could bend up a small bracket like a ladder would use but Id rather keep the window access for my dog.

Pending on if/what roof rack you have, one of the side window roof panels would be good for holding the bag. That will be my plan once both arrive.

I keep my tire on my roof rack currently. I threw my Trasharoo on the tire on the roof. Getting a ladder in the next week or so, so I will be moving it there, but until then It was worked just fine up top.

Nashfabco GX460 Rear ladder (they make a side ladder too but I have the same concerns about it catching things on trails. Pricey, but solves a few annoying things. Looking like 3-4 week lead time for that currently. Very responsive. It should be arriving for me in the next week or 2.

And the verdict is in whether or not Trash-A-Roo's fit the rear door!
YES!!
Note that you'll need to ensure your license plate is still visible after you mount it. Maybe a bugee cord wrapped around the middle to bring in the sides when driving?
Sorry about the state of my T-A-R, it has many miles on it. Also, I didn't bother adjusting the straps to completely cinch it down, but I didn't want to change the setting for my tire, but you get the idea that you can do it.

20210804_154847.jpg

20210804_154855.jpg

20210804_154903.jpg

20210804_154926.jpg

20210804_154955.jpg

And the verdict is in whether or not Trash-A-Roo's fit the rear door!
YES!!
Note that you'll need to ensure your license plate is still visible after you mount it. Maybe a bugee cord wrapped around the middle to bring in the sides when driving?
Sorry about the state of my T-A-R, it has many miles on it. Also, I didn't bother adjusting the straps to completely cinch it down, but I didn't want to change the setting for my tire, but you get the idea that you can do it.

View attachment 2750359
View attachment 2750360
View attachment 2750361
View attachment 2750367
View attachment 2750368
Awesome!! Ordering one now.

I might drop a patch of clear 3M over where it rubs to protect the paint. We're going out on a short one this weekend so I'll test it out on the trail.

Thanks Richard, that was great idea!

Reactions: r2m
Good idea to add a vinyl patch to the rear door. With all the dust and muck, that T-A-R will ruin your rear door paint.

Awesome!! Ordering one now.

I might drop a patch of clear 3M over where it rubs to protect the paint. We're going out on a short one this weekend so I'll test it out on the trail.

Thanks Richard, that was great idea!
Forgot to ask, when you get yours on, can you take a few photos and post them?
I'd like to see it with it being all strapped down.
Also, you may need to cut some of the straps or find a way of tucking them out of the way (maybe cable/zip ties?). Since strapping this to your door doesn't have the same volume as putting it on a tire you'll have a lot of extra strap hanging down.

Forgot to ask, when you get yours on, can you take a few photos and post them?
I'd like to see it with it being all strapped down.
Also, you may need to cut some of the straps or find a way of tucking them out of the way (maybe cable/zip ties?). Since strapping this to your door doesn't have the same volume as putting it on a tire you'll have a lot of extra strap hanging down.
Will do. I may just use it on the roof this weekend since I won't have time to get the 3M vinyl done.

I've hung it from my rear door like above, or from my roof rack hanging down the rear window. Prefer to have it hanging from the roof rack because then the rear camera is unobstructed. Most of the time my stuff is piled too high for me to see out my rear window so it doesn't block my view.

Either way be sure to protect the surface from scratching. I have some areas on the rear window where the Trasharoo slowly ground away a divot. You can't really see them but you can feel them.

Nashfabco GX460 Rear ladder (they make a side ladder too but I have the same concerns about it catching things on trails. Pricey, but solves a few annoying things. Looking like 3-4 week lead time for that currently. Very responsive. It should be arriving for me in the next week or 2.

This is the route I’m taking - both for the roof platform access as well as mounting items like this on the back. You are correct on the lead time - should be receiving mine this week

I wish I can get the ladder but I dont think my door would hold my fat ass.
Spread the load, Get 2 ladders! :rofl:
(no offense intended...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom