Transponder / key Re-Programming on late 70 series (2017+) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

talking about a late 70 series:

I lost one key.
So I bought a new original transponder and had it cut (not the wireless kind, just the "classic" Toyo key).
It opens the doors etc.
Now, I would like the lost key to be deleted from the immo ECU and the new key to be accepted.
So far so good.

Here comes the questions:

It seems the designated procedure would not be to delete one key and add another, but to delete all keys and add all existing.

I have seen some tutorials here on mud, tlcfaq, etc for vehicles decades old, where you could do some combination of opening / closing the doors, depressing acc. pedals and so on. But that seems not to apply to the late Toyota/Lexus vehicles anymore. I tried some of the procedures, of course they didn't do anything.

The official procedure, I figured, would be to visit any Toyota dealer who then deletes all keys and re-programs them.
For that they would need a special code from Toyota HQ, that they would get by sending in the VIN or something like that.
All in all it will be costly.

I have also found a procedure to read the contents of the Immo ECU flash chip, edit the data dump, write it back to the chip, get the immo ECU into auto-programming mode and then add all existing 3 keys. It's complicated, thus costly as well.

Is there any old style procedure to achieve what I want or do I have to throw money at some Toyo dealership?

Here in the US if you still have a master all you need to delete the keys and add new is Techstream. No code needed unless all keys are lost.

Funny, I was sitting here with a friend (who has a cheap M-VCI of Amazon and TS) when I got the notification of your answer.
Thank you for the hint.
I managed already to erase all keys but one master.
It worked!
I managed to register the sub key aswell.
subOK.jpg

BUT: I can not register the new master key I ordered from Toyota. I tried multiple times now.
masternotOK.jpg

Here is the new master key for reference:
newmasterkey.jpg

Any hint what would cause a communication failure with a new master key?
It does not make much sense to me, since the sub key would register right away.

Sometimes the copies of Techstream can be glitchy. Keep trying.

And if you do not have a master and need to reset the ecu, if you have Techstream there is an online calculator to get a passcode. No need for a dealer at all.

Hi Mauser,

thanks, no need for ECU reset atm.

But still, I can't get the new master transponder registered with the Immo ECU, still failing.

It aborts just before the learning phase starts blinking with error 2-1, which means "key registration failed".
When programming the sub key, I can see that the learning phase is happening, when the immo dash light is blinking a bit faster.
When I try registering the master key it will not blink, but shine continously instead until it fails.

Tried many things, different setting in TS, turning IG ON in the last phase, etc to no avail.

Any reason the master tranponder I ordered does not have an "H" engraved, like to original factory master key?
keyH.jpg

… instead it has a dot "·" ?
keydot.jpg

... it seems I should have ordered another part number.
For this VIN it outputs
8978552030GRJ71,76..GCC GCC(WITHOUT SAUDI ARABIA)YEMEN IRAQ SPEC&GLOVE BOX-WITH KEY
instead of the key I ordered, possibly at fault:
8978560160GRJ71,76..HT..GCC GCC SPEC(EXCEPT SAUDI ARABIA & UAE)
It seems the 60160 was only from 07.2009 - 08.2010, while the 52030 is from 09.2017 - 07.2021.
I will come back to this thread some time soon, need to do some shopping first … :coffee:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom