Transmission shop recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks - anybody have a shop they recommend? I have a 4WD 4L60e with 90K on the clock. No idea on condition - drive and reverse worked, but vehicle was in no condition for a test drive!

At the least, I need to get the output shaft swapped to the 2WD version, but would like to get a little further in and have it built closer to 4L65 specs. Or use it as a core toward another unit.

I have used Best Western Transmission at 6157 North Academy Blvd for maintenance and a full rebuild on a couple of GM vehicles. They did very good work.

100%, go talk to B&M Transmission on Ford street. They are the 700r4/4L60 experts. They were invaluable in getting mine rebuilt. They’re pretty much across from Redline Cruisers. Maybe a bit North of there. When it comes to transmission work, look at the shop they are working out of. If they’re pulling tranny’s in the same place they’re rebuilding them, walk away. B&M has a whole separate room they build in, and it clean enough to do brain surgery in there. They have a whole shelf full of 700r4/4l60 parts too. I know, because I’ve picked from it a few times. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom