Transmission Service Thermostat valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TOC

Threads
Doing an exchange of transmission oil, through a single pass. pan-filter etc, done, passing through the torque converter to the two oil coolers at the front, using a batch process 2 quarts out & 2 quarts in etc etc. I'm upto the part where I'm meant to depress the plunger in the thermostat valve, and pin it. I can not find the valve, nor does it look similar to the service manual.
The build is 2008
Twin turbo Diesel
6 speed auto trans
Right Hand Drive
Can anyone explain carefully where this valve is located, pictures welcome?

I'm not sure if the location is the same, but on my 2008 US spec LandCruiser it is here. This is looking from under the vehicle toward the front. On my truck the unit is on the passenger's side (your driver's side). You depress the center of and hold it in place with a paperclip. I tried to make a video of this entire procedure several months ago....I point out the pump and thermostat at roughly 1:19 and 13:53

Transm Thermo 1.jpg

Transm Thermo 3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. I had my transmission flushed on my new to me 2010 LC with 105k miles at a Toyota dealership. I just noticed today that the paperclip is still in there. It wasn't removed after the flush was completed. I've driven 10k miles since the flush was done. Do you think there will be any damage or issues resulting from this? I removed the paper clip today but haven't driven the vehicle yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom