Transmission oil cooler fitting part number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am needing some help finding this fitting, which is currently seeping transmission fluid. I did try reseating/tightening it and no joy. I have been unable to locate it on Amayama or parts.toyota.com - Does anyone know the part number, or the fitting type so I can replace just the flared fitting? I do not want to have to order a radiator just to get this fitting.

IMG-3133.jpg

Transmission oil cooler parts diagram:
1683142753406.png

Radiator parts diagram:
1683142918396.png

That part is unobtainium. It comes with the OEM radiator and can’t be purchased separately. I know this because I broke one taking it apart. I also had a radiator leak and had to replace the radiator anyway.

That part is unobtainium. It comes with the OEM radiator and can’t be purchased separately. I know this because I broke one taking it apart. I also had a radiator leak and had to replace the radiator anyway.

I was worried this was the case. If I can find a hydraulic hose shop I might try them to see if they can get me something similar. I really don't want to buy a radiator assembly just to get a flare-barb fitting.

I was worried this was the case. If I can find a hydraulic hose shop I might try them to see if they can get me something similar. I really don't want to buy a radiator assembly just to get a flare-barb fitting.
What year is your cruiser? You may need a new radiator anyway....

I tried local hydraulic shops and could not come up with anything. They didn't really want to mess with my one-off problem that couldn't be solved by handing me something off the shelf. I'm sure there is a fitting that will work out there but not one with the correct length of barbed tube bent at the right angle to attach the hose to. You will have to make that yourself or maybe a good hydraulic shop can do it for you.

What year is your cruiser? You may need a new radiator anyway....

I tried local hydraulic shops and could not come up with anything. They didn't really want to mess with my one-off problem that couldn't be solved by handing me something off the shelf. I'm sure there is a fitting that will work out there but not one with the correct length of barbed tube bent at the right angle to attach the hose to. You will have to make that yourself or maybe a good hydraulic shop can do it for you.
It's an '08 with the old style radiator that hasn't yet cracked... so you're right, I will at some point need a new radiator. I should probably help my future self rather than present self, since past self is always such an idiot/jerk/corner cutter ;)

Don't have an answer for the fitting either.

If you wanted to stop the bleeding, and you don't have any usage that would require it, you could bypass the transmission coolant circuit in the radiator.

Don't have an answer for the fitting either.

If you wanted to stop the bleeding, and you don't have any usage that would require it, you could bypass the transmission coolant circuit in the radiator.
I had considered this, as I'll be flying back to OZ tomorrow and the vehicle won't be driven other than every 2 or so weeks to warm things up and exercise the transfer case/CDL actuators the old man is doing while I'm overseas. A double-barb and 2 caps/clamps would be enough to bypass the cooler and close up the cooler to prevent contamination. Unfortunately for the truck, the wife and I tend to be impulsive when it comes to trips back to the US, and it is conceivable that on some future trip we'd hitch up a rented camper, so I decided against the temporary repair as they tend to get forgotten and become permanent.

I decided to "do the right thing" and have ordered the rad/related components,and identified a local shop to replace the parts. This will knock out the 203k mile OE rad that still hasn't cracked, and, assuming the shop doesn't screw me with bad work, increase reliability. At least that's what I'm telling myself and the wife to justify the costs.

Lots of people replace their stock radiators, you could probably find one of these fittings from one of those members. I think a couple years ago I sent one of mine off to someone even..

I should probably help my future self rather than present self, since past self is always such an idiot/jerk/corner cutter ;)

This is a glorious statement, i just copied it and will be sending it to a few friends that fit it to a tee! LOL

This is a glorious statement, i just copied it and will be sending it to a few friends that fit it to a tee! LOL
I typically call past self an a-hole when I say that as it rolls off the tongue much more easily and is more representative of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom