Transmission Filter and Fluid Level - Did I measure wrong or break the check tube? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I did something wrong while changing my transmission filter.

I feel pretty confident I measured the fluid exchanged correctly, but when I pull the check valve (the 8mm hex bolt) transmission just pours out. I put the check bolt back in after about 3/4 of a quart had drained out.

It's ABSOLUTELY possible I just measured wrong, I'm not the brightest carrot in the haystack, but is it possible I broke or dislodged that little level-check-tube? Is it metal or plastic?

This is when the fluid is cold before I've had a chance to bring it up to temp.

Thanks y'all

Uh, did you follow the procedure for checking it?

Appologies for the snark.

You're right, apologies. I'll re-read the procedure. Thanks.

Open fill plug 24mm I believe. Open drain plug and drain. Install drain plug. Snake hose/clear tube from engine bay into fill opening. Fill with x quarts of WS fluid. I measured the amount that came out it was roughly 3.5 quarts. I put for in through hose funnel from engine bay. Put fill plug bolt back in. Run the GX around until the tranny is at normal operating conditions (115F). Pull back into flat garage and leave running in park. Remove the overflow plug approx .5 quarts should come out. Good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom