Tranny/T-Case Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi-

I have an 85 FJ60 standard. The t-case started making horrible sounds and something inside is obviously toast. I found a good deal on CL for what I thought was a replacement from an 84 60.

Sadly the mechanic who pulled the old has noted that the new one is about 4 inches too short! It looks to him like there is some kind of spacer between the t case & tranny on the old one. The only #'s he can find are as follows:

Old: 57U
New: 2YC

Does anyone know what I bought?
If so, can he crack the two apart and use just the new tcase with the old tranny?

Many thanks in advance,

:bang: Harry

Starting around 1985 the 4 speed transmission included a spacer so that it was the same length as the 5 speed. You should be able to mate your new tcase to your old transmission.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Were the bolt patterns/sizes for attaching the driveshafts the same across the long and short versions of the 4 speed?

-Harry

oct 1985 was the change month, do some more searching on here, as there are several threads with more in depth posts

dougbert

Thanks.

Were the bolt patterns/sizes for attaching the driveshafts the same across the long and short versions of the 4 speed?

-Harry

No, the bolt pattern on output flanges changed also. The spline patterns are the same though, so you can use your original flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom