Trailmaster shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which Trailmaster shock do I go with? I am at the Trailmaster site and they have several models of shocks? I want to get a shock now for my stock 80 but want them to work with OME lift springs when I get them.
kurt

Get OME...

Rogue - I guess you mean to get the OME shocks?

This is the very question I'm facing at the moment. I was thinking just get there shocks but heard different opinions here. Not surprising I guess.

I'd like to hear your opinion especially if it's positive. :D

Riley

I personally like the OME shocks. They are stiffer than stock, but don't make the ride to be jarring. I would much prefer to have Edelbrock shocks, but at twice the price it is hard to justify right now on my limited income.

I've owned a 76 CJ-7 with a 2.5" Trailmaster lift on it... I referred to it as "Trail Bastard" because they should sell a kidney belt and foley catheter with the kit to drain the blood from your nether regions since the ride is like gettin' kicked in the huevos. I'd rather walk than ride in a vehicle set up like that....

Now, I do highly prefer the OME shocks and springs for ride quality. Just my $.02

-H-

Trailmaster shocks.....you surely kiddin? get OME, I prefer the firmer version(sorry forget the part) even on a bone stock 80(like moms, I put a set on hers and she loves em) same shock will work when its stock and when it's lifted(if you go with a typical OME suspension)

I run OME shocks on 6(or 7) of my Cruisers, 2 of them are stock, the rest are full OME suspension. If you can find a Koni that fits I think that would be a good option......but Trailmaster.....forget bout them :flipoff2:

John

So even a "mom" likes the firmer OME N73/N74E shock?

I'm a little worried that the wife will think it's too harsh with the stiff version and the truck will start riding like our BJ60 (to be avoided).

Everybody with OME shocks running with the firmer versions?

Ride is still decent on the highway and city streets?

If you are that worried about it, buy the softer OME shocks. The firm are oh so nice though.

In my opinion the matter of suspension upgrade is tied with age. I am 48 and look to improve my on-road only ride of my 97 80, but my expectation is to imitate a camry or accord like ride, however younger guys with a HD option may say it feels like a cloud. That why Iam holding my impulse to order an OME kit untill have a reasonable idea how close will the ride based on my driving style. Coments...:-\ :-\ :-\

Having gone to a more comfortable ride over the years of owning Landcruisers, I can vouch for the improvement in ride quality on the highway with the OME systems. It's much better than stock, without being harsh at all.

-H-

Luago,

Where are you located? I'm pretty sure one of us would be happy to let you take an OME'd rig for a drive if we're in the same vicinity, so you can compare for yourself.

[quote author=BenieBJ60 link=board=2;threadid=4644;start=msg35242#msg35242 date=1061924635]
So even a "mom" likes the firmer OME N73/N74E shock?

I'm a little worried that the wife will think it's too harsh with the stiff version and the truck will start riding like our BJ60 (to be avoided).

Everybody with OME shocks running with the firmer versions?

Ride is still decent on the highway and city streets?

[/quote]

yep a 61(or is it 62) year old mom loves the ride, been on her 97 fjz80 40th sense within 6 months of when she bought it new. She is suppose to sell me the 80.....but she wants to hold on to it, she calls it a classic 8)

FWIW I run the firm OME's on all my Cruisers, be it the 40's, 60's or 80's.

Thank you Hltoppr Iam sure any you guys will take me to a ride, but living in Puerto Rico wont be easy. However Iam
planning next year visit my nephew who lives in Denver I may contact any of you, or maybe visit Christo Slee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom