Trailer Light Wireing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm interested in setting my 03/79 FJ-40 set up to flat tow. I'd like to have a harness up front that I can connect to my Truck, so that the FJ-40's lights are ran by the dodge. Does anyone have a part number or source where I can get a T-Connector to tap into the FJ's wireing? I'm trying not to cut the wiring. I realize I'll probably have to extend the new harness since it would have been intended for a trailer behind the FJ, but it's a start.

Any other advise you have on this subject is welcome..thanks

lol, not that easy. trailers have american lights...and your cruiser does not. go to checker auto or napa or something like that and look for the euro to american converter.
you wire in the FJ's left turn signal, right turn signal, brake, and tail light (tail light is optional....it goes right thru anyways). then out the other side comes the right brake/turn signal, left brake/turn signal, and (optional) tail light....all of which go to the trailer.

hth,
Max

McGee is sorta right....only I'm not sure those connectors work the american --> foreign way or not.....might take some creative wiring.

I redid mine with the ractory rear wire harness. The adapter is on my firewall and is what connects the factory wiring to the modified rear wiring. Pull the adapter plug and connect it to a wire harness from the tow rig. You eliminate your spearate turn lights in rear, but I usually busted those out anyways...heh

Thanks for the inputs....Looks like plan B wins! Just gonna get a set of those magentic lights with the 26' lead and be done!

Thanks

ahhh i see....i thought you were implying that you wanted to put a trailer behind your cruiser! makes a bit of a difference :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom