Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2.5” Tourflex Constant Springs handling the load well. No airbags. I’m loving it.

D023D455-264B-4978-A098-C09F8C93E876.jpeg

Question on the diff drop. I'm assuming we can no longer use that front floor jack spot on the skid plate... the one with the circle that fits a floor jack perfectly. I have the aluminum spacer installed under that jack point but it seems that the skid would get crushed around it if jacked up there.

Posted in my other thread, im looking for roof rack brackets if you still make them.

Question on the diff drop. I'm assuming we can no longer use that front floor jack spot on the skid plate... the one with the circle that fits a floor jack perfectly. I have the aluminum spacer installed under that jack point but it seems that the skid would get crushed around it if jacked up there.

Shouldn't be a problem, I still use it as a jack point.

J

Posted in my other thread, im looking for roof rack brackets if you still make them.

Yes, I still make them. I have a few of each in stock at the moment. In the lowest setting they will put a rack about 3/4" off the crown of the roof.

J

Yes, I still make them. I have a few of each in stock at the moment. In the lowest setting they will put a rack about 3/4" off the crown of the roof.

J

Alright i'm interested, trying to see if this would work with my rack build. It's essentially a rectangular basket, 51"x80" in size, would it just rest on top of the bracket and mount by drilling holes. Do you have any pics of how these are used on a rack?

Alright i'm interested, trying to see if this would work with my rack build. It's essentially a rectangular basket, 51"x80" in size, would it just rest on top of the bracket and mount by drilling holes. Do you have any pics of how these are used on a rack?

My 100 racks are 52" x 84" you can drill a crossbar to mount or use a plate off of a crossbar and outer perimeter. Rack sits on top of mount.

J

IMG_20170519_185525436_HDR.jpg

Another round of UCAs went to powder and a couple of sets are still available.
Jason - I have a question about your UCA's. I'm in the middle of putting together a parts list to rebuild my squeaky/clicky front end. The upper control arms bushings and ball joints to rebuild the stock UCA's are going to be >$300 even before any tax and shipping which makes me think I'd rather trade up to your beefed up and rebuild-able UCA's. But... I still have and plan on keeping my AHC so 95% of my driving around is at the Normal height setting. Does this create any issue for me with your built in caster correction or will your UCA's work just fine on a no-lift rig? Also, what was the outcome on the AHC UCA's for @caslim? I didn't notice an update from him.

Cheers,
rjones

Jason, I've called and sent a couple of messages over the last few weeks about a suspension, but haven't heard back from you.

@TRAIL TAILOR, UCA availability please?
Just realized qty updates when a color selected on website

Just realized qty updates when a color selected on website

Basic ball barrel bushings and ball joint 37.00 per arm.

Here is a pic of the bracket. You will need to bend/adjust the bracket down depending on how your AHC reacts to the new bracket. I needed to bend my down about 5/8 of an inch. This picture was taken before bending it down. This is how it came.

Jason - I have a question about your UCA's. I'm in the middle of putting together a parts list to rebuild my squeaky/clicky front end. The upper control arms bushings and ball joints to rebuild the stock UCA's are going to be >$300 even before any tax and shipping which makes me think I'd rather trade up to your beefed up and rebuild-able UCA's. But... I still have and plan on keeping my AHC so 95% of my driving around is at the Normal height setting. Does this create any issue for me with your built in caster correction or will your UCA's work just fine on a no-lift rig? Also, what was the outcome on the AHC UCA's for @caslim? I didn't notice an update from him.

Cheers,
rjones

Here is a pic of the bracket. You will need to bend/adjust the bracket down depending on how your AHC reacts to the new bracket. I needed to bend my down about 5/8 of an inch.
Thank you very much for the update here. Can you answer my question about using this on a non-lifted rig as well? Obviously you still have the AHC but I'm not sure how to tell if you've done the sensor lift. I'm pretty uneducated in the whole camber/caster/toe suspension stuff still but I've been doing some research so I'm pretty sure they'll work just fine but would love to hear it firsthand!

Cheers,
rjones

This would not work well with a nonlift AHC. The bracket sits too high which causes the sensor to lift the front. The bracket would have to be re-engineered/modified to match the stock location of the sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom