Trail Run, Movie Night and BBQ in Prescott (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.expeditionswest.com
Come get out of the heat :D

July 11th, 2009

We are going to try to do quarterly movie nights at the OJ/EW shop, and just let people from the valley escape the heat. We will camp-out right in the parking lot. We will have some swag, free Overland Journals, etc.

Trail Run: Starts at 9:00 am and we will do a fun route in the local mountains. Meet at the shop. 3035 N. Tarra Ln. Prescott (just off Hwy 89).

BBQ: 5:00 BYOB / BYOM We will have a few grills going and will have a few sides and sodas available.

Slide Show: 6:00 We are working on a guest presenter of some exotic travels...

Movies 7:00 We will show a few new DVDs, probably one moto and one 4wd adventure

Sounds like a good time. Haven't been up there since my mom moved to Texas. Maybe we'll get a room for the night and bring the whole family up to hang out.

Hmmmm.....interested.

Good idea, Scott. Are you close to downtown? The best rooms are still at the St. Michaels's right on Whiskey row. Under $100/night with a full breakfast included. That's if you wake up before 9:00 AM! They have really great food.
Down-town Prescott is still billed as the best one-night vacation in the state. That won't change any time soon. It has it all. History, shopping, bars, restaraunts, and now Scott's shop for truck builders! Yo!
What more could you want?

BTY
Scott caught me in Lowes. He gave me a copy of his mag. It is pretty good. Some of his focus is a bit off of our day, or week trip LC concept, but he is on track in a lot of ways. He lacks in short-trip convenience, but is pretty good on long excursion knowledge.
I am more about having running water on the back of the truck. I can refill it in a creek. I am more interested in using a microwave on the trail within 3 hours of home on a snow day, than in using solar power in Venezuela! But that's just me. To each his own. Scott has a good idea. Let's go! Check it out.

Last edited:
Come on over Brian! I keep seeing your cool 80 around town, so about time I shake your hand.

Here is the address to the shop. Super close to downtown (about four minutes).

3035 N. Tarra Ave.
Prescott, AZ 86301

If you take 89 north out of town, you will pass Watson Lake on your right and then come to a round-about at Willow Lake Road. Go through the round-about and make an immediate left (west) on Hillsdale. This turn is within 15 yards of the round-about, and easy to miss. Hillsdale naturally turns right and changes names to Tarra Ave. You will not miss all the crazy trucks on the right after a few hundred yards.

Scott,
Just to confirm, the wheeling is Saturday AM and the camping would be Saturday night.

Thx,
Norm

Scott,
You can shake my hand any third Saturday at IHOP. I am usually there by 9:15, as I take my family for breakfast before the 10 AM meet. I've been waiting for you to show up. Everybody else has! Where have you been?
If you want a part of CSC, and you can't make it to Tempe on the third Friday night, at least you might be able to get to IHOP on Saturday morning!
The next real CSC meet in Tempe is July 17 at about 7 PM. Look up the location on this site.
The next Prescott meet is at IHOP in PV on July 18 at 10 AM.
We are the best and only red-headed step-child that the main CSC group has ever had. We don't ask them for much, and they don't tell us a lot, but most of us are members.
Last month, we met up with a bunch of the south guys in Crown King. We showed up at the Mill to find the parking lot littered with LC's. We all had a bit of fun!

Scott,
Just to confirm, the wheeling is Saturday AM and the camping would be Saturday night.

Thx,
Norm

Correct :D

edit: The camping is just in our big parking lot at the shop. It is tucked back in and pretty quiet. If someone wants to be in the pines, we can give directions to good camp spots.

Scott,
Try to make the IHOP date the next two months. July 18, and Aug 15.
They could be pivotal. We will decide to stay with Copperstate Cruisers or form a new group. Be there to put in your $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom