Trail Outings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DesmoPilot

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
I'm coming up from Arizona to spend to spend a month on the island (6/19 to 7/22). Staying around Nanaimo as home base. I am looking to get out for a couple of 2-3 day trail/camping runs.
Anyone interested in hitting some trails together?

Almost forgot about this; meant to reply a while ago. Unfortunately most people in this group don't get out for trail runs anymore. Personally I'd like to, but just can't seem to find the time these days.

Anyhow, hope you have a great trip and enjoy your time on the Island. Maybe you'll find some other Toyota owners while you're up there who can show you some trails.

I'm gonna be around. I live in Ladysmith, so message me when you get here after the 23rd. Buy one of these below. If you are digitally
competent there are digital versions. I like paper books cause I take and write notes on them all the time. You will be able to get one
on the BC Ferry when you are crossing.
Due to current forest fires access is going to be a real problem. I'm not home so I won't know how bad it is until I get there.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be around. I live in Ladysmith, so message me when you get here after the 23rd. Buy one of these below. If you are digitally
competent there are digital versions. I like paper books cause I take and write notes on them all the time. You will be able to get one
Due to current forest fires access is going to be a real problem. I'm not home so I won't know how bad it is until I get there.

I just got notice from Mosaic - the local backroad manager - that all of their roads are now closed except for essential travel due to extreme fire hazards ... probably the only places that are open would be in the fog zone on the west coast.

Thank you for the responses. Arrived yesterday afternoon.

I think the first weekend to get out will be 7/7-7/9. Will also do 7/14-7/16.

Dang, those two time slots I can't do unfortunately. Would have joined if I could.

Hanging around now, if you want to meet for morning coffee send me a pm. If you see that truck in my avatar
wave me over. No tent now. I don't like to publish my cell number.

I haven't found a copy yet. But, going to do some looking over the next couple of days while out shopping.
Just get the premium gia gps app. It comes with back roads Map Book for all of Canada, and a heck of a lot more layers. Works with out cell just using gps. Has sat imagery too, and you can download ahead of time.

You mean this one?

4D934A78-EF2E-4C92-B256-D863E42D7DA0.png

Hey Cruiserpilot I am in ladysmith as well. Once my truck gets back here if you see a yellow 42 running around thats me.

Good to meet you today. Get home safe! (Red Bronco lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom