TRAGIC NEWS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

inkpot

SILVER Star
Threads
This is the hardest post I have ever made. Kevin Patterson passed away early yesterday. I will post more info as I learn it about services etc. We may organize a memorial run at some time in the future.
I have lost my best friend and business partner for the last 8 years. And the Land Cruiser world has lost a GIANT!

John, so sorry for your loss and my condolences to his wife.

Will always remember the day the two of you spent helping me, a complete stranger, work on my cruiser. Just one example of the generous nature of Kevin (and yourself).

John, i cant believe it...sorry to hear this bad news.

Kevin was one of the people in the initial group that was around when Copper State Cruisers came to be so many years ago. Kevin helped alot of poeple and taught me a trick or two on the trail early on. He will be missed.

I learned of Kevin’s passing this morning and have been beside myself today. Kevin stepped up from day one with this club and stood by me as my VP through all of the beginning growing pains of the club. He helped me quell my emotions and made me see things from other perspectives when I didn’t want to.

The world has lost a good man.

Kevin was one-of-a-kind and I will certainly miss him. Many years ago he turned for me a custom set of 80 Series front spring spacers out of 6061 and then had the gun shop next to him anodize them for me. Recently I have considered a new setup but not now. Those spacers are staying put.

Rest in peace my friend.

John,
I’m so sorry I know you guys were inseparable. Kevin was a good guy. He befriended me quickly when we first met and has helped me countless times. I am truly going to miss him. Please let me know about the services and memorial run if that happens. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

I'm in complete disbelief! Kevin was a great human, and friend. He leaves an immense hole that will never be filled. Thanks for the call @inkpot Please keep everyone up on services and if there are things we can do for the family. He is going to be so severely missed.

I am so sadden to hear of this and so sorry John @inkpot for the loss of your best friend. He was a friend to all of us and I will miss our conversations when I would stop at the shop or go to lunch with you guys. My heart goes out to his family and the Land cruiser community as well as TRAL. Rest in peace my friend.

The landcruiser community as well as TRAL have suffered a great loss with Kevin’s passing. In the short time I have known him, I have learned more about land cruisers than countless hours scouring the forums. He will be missed both as an encyclopedic knowledge of all things landcruiser and as a sincere friend and genuine human being.
Rest In Peace Friend, you have left this world a better place.

Kevin was not just an excellent mechanic but an excellent person. He went above and beyond as a mechanic and I learned some very valuable things about my rig from him. I am grateful for having known him. My heart goes out to his family. Rest In peace Kevin.

Speechless, the cruiser community and everyone who met him is at a loss.:frown:

I ran into Kevin a couple of years ago at Home Depot. Even though I had not seen him in a few years, we recognized eachother, said HI and chatted a little. Such a good guy and so knowledgeable and helpful. He will most certainly be missed. :-(

Another old-school Club member here checking-in regarding this terrible news. When I heard about Kevin this morning I was beside myself - Kevin was a mentor in my early days, and taught me a lot - his pneumatic tools are still a prized possession.
I am totally down for any thing I can do to assist his family, and definitely for a Memorial Run.
God Bless Kevin.

Thank you John, my condolences to you and his family. Anything we can do for his family, let us know.

We had a lot of great times and he will be missed.

Aram

My experience with Kevin (and John!) is not unique.
They helped me, then a complete stranger, work on my cruiser and since have become good friends.
Anything good I know about cruisers I learned from Kevin. We'll miss you.
-Jake.

I'm so sorry John. I'm shocked just like the rest of the community. Man, I loved hanging out with you guys, whenever I could, I always felt bad asking Kevin to help me with what seemed to me like the end of the road for my 80. Kevin made the hard nasty problems look like childsplay.. Please let me know if you or the family need anything.

Tough news @inkpot . I know that you guys were particularly close. Sorry for your loss.

Kevin will be missed and that El Pollo Loco up the street just lost their very best customer (if you were at the shop, you'll get it) :) All kidding aside, Kevin would help anyone with any issue and seemed to particularly like those who were trying to help themselves. Great loss to the LC community, he was one of the greats, for sure. Hope we can coordinate something to celebrate him/support the family.

John, You and Kevin helped my son Nick and I in every way land cruiser! He will be missed dearly, please keep us informed if there is a way to help the family, maybe this run could be a charity run to help with expenses the family may incur.

John, You and Kevin helped my son Nick and I in every way land cruiser! He will be missed dearly, please keep us informed if there is a way to help the family, maybe this run could be a charity run to help with expenses the family may incur.

That’s a really good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom