TPS Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time reader, first time poster.

I’ve got a 1990 FJ62 that, after scouring all of the resources on here, we’ve settled on replacing the Throttle Position Sensor. This is my first time messing with a TPS, and we got our new one from one of the vendors listed here and were ready to switch them out when I noticed the internal “paddles” of the old TPS versus the new TPS were out of alignment (or phase) by 90 degrees.

Here’s a pic:

D8477334-4D32-476F-ADE8-428C9EB3406A.jpeg

Is this a faulty sensor (rookie mechanic over here) or is there an adjustment that needs to be done?
Thanks for any help! Trying to fix the rig up before our Texas heat returns!

Difference between a TPS for a FJ62 and a FJ80 but I can't tell you which one is which. FJ62 and FJ80 throttle bodies will interchange but the TPSs are different. I have a FJ80 throttle body and it works fine. I purchased a new TPS for a FJ62 and discovered this difference when I tried to mount it on the FJ80 throttle body.

That’s a good insight. The most challenging thing I’ve encountered in fixing up this 62 is having to differentiate between it and an 80, as both were manufactured that year! I’ll check it out. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom