TPS plug-n-play ????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have an 01 taco 3.4 check engine light came on went to local auto zone TPS sensor, TPS sensor circut A were the two codes. what i need to know is ... can i just remove the old one and replace it with ease of is there a bunch of stuff that is going to fly apart when i pull it out. also do i have to reset anything i usually try to do my own work for obvious reasons this is my first newer vehical and have not run across this yet. any help would be greatly app. thanks

I'm hoping that somebody with more knowledge than I replies here..:doh:
Luckily I don't have my Toyota service engine lights coming on... this is a never ending story though with the Chevy I have... it will set a code, which may or may not be the specific problem part as well, and then the service engine light may even go out in a few days.so many starts etc. I have taken my chevy in and they can't find anything wrong but the light comes and goes.

I assume a Toyota perhaps like a GM will need their code reader to find and reset codes that are set. I believe that a code can be set and may either not be able to be reset right away or it can be reset and might run fine for a while again.
If you buy your own electronic part such as a TPS sensor I assume it is yours if you take it out of its wrapper whether it fixes your problem or not.
Perhaps this is a give up sort of approach but when it comes to service codes,sensors and cpu's in a car I'm not that confident to just start swapping parts. Hopefully a TPS can be bench tested as I just think you monitor it's variable resistance with an accurate digital testmeter and see if there are any positions where it varies high or low. A poor connection in the circuit may be a higher probability. just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom