TPMS Batteries replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
since it started to get cold here, i have 2 dead tpms not reading pressure and light has been flashing nonstop. i know it's possible (cheaper) to replace 5 sensors battery than replacing all 5. (35X5=175 plus labor) whereas replacing the batteries will cost me 30$.

Has anybody done this?

Last edited:
I don't think they're replaceable. Even if one could unseal and place in a new battery. That would take time. Tire shops not going to allow you to tie up a bay with 4 wheel off and tires dismounted.

I would Just replace dead ones as they happen, if cost is issue. That way you can spread the cost over time.

I don't think they're replaceable. Even if one could unseal and place in a new battery. That would take time. Tire shops not going to allow you to tie up a bay with 4 wheel off and tires dismounted.

I would Just replace dead ones as they happen, if cost is issue. That way you can spread the cost over time.
I know for sure they are replaceable specially Lexus sensors, and for the tire shop I already spoke to one and they don't have problem it's one hour max for all 5 sensors, I will do it once I get a chance and will try to take pics.

I know for sure they are replaceable specially Lexus sensors, and for the tire shop I already spoke to one and they don't have problem it's one hour max for all 5 sensors, I will do it once I get a chance and will try to take pics.
Did you ever do this and what batteries do they take?

I am also curious about this. I had the sensors in my 06' LX replaced last year at Costco and have them in a drawer in the garage. If memory serves, they are sealed and not easily replaced.

Kudos to you and those who have.

i have not done it, however i have replaced the sensors with used oem and kept the old for replacing the batteries. will report back once its done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom