Toyota to Reproduce Spare Parts for the Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stepmurr

Lookin' fer the end of that old white line
SILVER Star
Threads
Toyota to Reproduce Spare Parts for the Land Cruiser

Survey of desired parts

I need an odometer, mine died several years ago. Started out at zero when I rebuilt all the important stuff in the early '80's.
Bought a complete instrument cluster from SOR.
Stuck at 79,000.

I need an odometer, mine died several years ago. Started out at zero when I rebuilt all the important stuff in the early '80's.
Bought a complete instrument cluster from SOR.
Stuck at 79,000.

Have you torn one down, cleaned out the old dry grease then install new grease? Been a thread or two in the 40/55 section.

I will check it out.

i took the survey and i was really disappointed that there wasn't a select all choice.

Well there goes the budget👍

Well there goes the budget👍

We can only hope Toyota follows thru. Probably a bit different. Toyota stopped dealers from importing parts never offered in the US market. Thinking Toyota will reproduce the 40 series top cover for the H55F and import it to the US is probably a pipe dream. Same with anything diesel except for the few things that have managed to sneak by Toyota. I'm really hoping parts for power steering and A/C get reproduced. Knowing Toyota they will want you to produce a VIN from a FJ40 that has those standard.

Years ago Toyota was willing to reproduce the 16" non split rims. Only catch was needed a certain number of VIN of 40 series that left the factory with them.

We can only hope Toyota follows thru. Probably a bit different. Toyota stopped dealers from importing parts never offered in the US market. Thinking Toyota will reproduce the 40 series top cover for the H55F and import it to the US is probably a pipe dream. Same with anything diesel except for the few things that have managed to sneak by Toyota. I'm really hoping parts for power steering and A/C get reproduced. Knowing Toyota they will want you to produce a VIN from a FJ40 that has those standard.

Years ago Toyota was willing to reproduce the 16" non split rims. Only catch was needed a certain number of VIN of 40 series that left the factory with them.
Yep they have pulled the same “produce the vin number “for folks wanting parts for TRD Pro 4Runner that are unique to it. The ridiculous rack on the ‘19 and more recent is an example. We can be sure they will pull some type of BS, otherwise it would not be Toyota. I might take some heat from this but Jeep listens to its customers, Toyota could care less about US Market.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom