TOYOTA....or TOYLET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I towed the 77 home yesterday...had to winch it up on the trailer as it would not run well enough to get up the ramps only on choke and still sounded like only 3 cyl. firing! bad carb/bad gas W/E. Got it home rolled it off (wouldn't start at all:mad:)started to take out the crud from the inside, shot gun shells, bailing twine, oil cans, rags,rope rotton floor mats and head liner etc. so I could sit in it. I had a chance to fool around the rig a little more than I did while it was with the P/O. the list of things that work is much shorter than the list of things that do not work, 2/3 horn buttons work,turn signals and 4 way flashers work, and it turns over, dash light works.....thats it, Nothing else works...yes I checked the fuses. Wiring seems to be a big issue with non original signals, interior lights,tail lights etc. blue plastic clip on connectors, Smoke comming from the resistor on the coil, that can't be good, a fire waiting to happen.
Will start from the beginning when weather gets better, coil, plug wires,plugs, points cond,timing, carb, fuel and compression. that should be enough to at least mak it cough!
the crud on the frame diffs. etc. would not even budge with a pressure washer, gonna have to hand s****e it all off, in better weather!

Last edited:
Be sure to remove ALL of the floor mats, front and rear. Moisture holds under them and causes rust.

Congrat's! Nice looking truck!

no hating here ..I just have to develop a plan of attack, my own list of priorities, and plug away:wrench:. Also it goes to show potential buyers just because it looks good, it may have sat in a barn yard since 1998, like this one did and things just aint right when you try them....looks are not everything...you can put lipstick on a pig ..but its still a pig!

That's true....I've learned the hard way that looks can be deceiving. My current rig is one that sat for a long time. Be prepared to replace anything with a gasket or boot or seal....they're all gonna leak. But, you know what, I've learned tons and had fun along the way......covered in grease, busted knuckles and a grin from ear to ear.....

That's true....I've learned the hard way that looks can be deceiving. My current rig is one that sat for a long time. Be prepared to replace anything with a gasket or boot or seal....they're all gonna leak. But, you know what, I've learned tons and had fun along the way......covered in grease, busted knuckles and a grin from ear to ear.....

Good God, x2!

the :princess: still cannot understand why or how I can come out of the garage, covered in grease after working on that truck for HOURS, and be grinning from ear to ear.

--jeff

Good God, x2!

the :princess: still cannot understand why or how I can come out of the garage, covered in grease after working on that truck for HOURS, and be grinning from ear to ear.

--jeff
that's because she doesn't know that you just spent the Bingo money on parts!

Good God, x2!

--jeff

Been there! I don't know how many times I've been asked, "How can you be so happy after working on that thing for twelve hours and you're covered in crap? Aren't you tired?"

Yep, and deliriously happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom