Toyota Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm a fellow car enthusiast. My background is Import Tuners and Jeeps and i was very involved in the jeep community/ and forums until i sold my Gladiator and moved to TX from CA last year.

Currently in my driveway is a prius, ridgeline, RHD impreza sti, and I just finally received my 1998 LC100 RHD from Japan.

Looking forward to educate myself on this platform.

IMG_6351.jpg
IMG_6346.jpg
IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

WTF, what is the deal with the cargo area and stove setup. That is wild. I also didn't know any foreign cruisers had the AHC suspension, I thought that was LX only.

Stop posting pictures of your Heep and post more cruiser stuff lol jk

More of the JDM Hundy please, we all know what heeps look like 🤣

More Pics.
Its a VX Limited, but my Japanese broker said its a Camping VX Limited, with an Active Vacation package. Really uncertain but it is what it is.

Doing the brakes tomorrow including rotors/pads/ and bleed the fluid.
While i'm at it, i'll clean the inside wheel barrels and ceramic coat it.

Next week clean up the minor rust surface rust on the undercarriage, set up my vehicle inspection then Sheriff Vin inspection on the 17th so i can finally get it titled/registered/plates.

And BTW, i purchased it in January and i had to wait till late March to ship due to the import laws (25 yr old including month).

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

The active vaction package !?!?! Those crafty Japanese.

d8718c39-b3e0-4927-9fdd-7f3dfef8be74_text.gif

More Active Vacation Package….

More Active Vacation Package….

Im getting a serious chubby. As much as I love my sleeper platform, fack this setup is super cool and just so unique.

Man, vehicles now-a-days just have no character at all

5 speed with diff locks and vacation package
>>> TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 100 ACTIVE VACATION | 2001 | WHITE | 96310 km | details.- Japanese used cars.Goo-net Exchange - https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/LAND_CRUISER_100/700123019430211129001/

That is awesome. Welcome to the JDM club. Didn’t know that camping option existed.

I imported my 04 VX Limited last year and it has been great but not without some quirks.
Can’t tell if you have cruise control but you can only set up to 110kmh (~66mph) for safety sake, for example.

That’s awesome even the the glass has a defroster. I love the center ceiling console. ARB has an aftermarket option for the 200 and Prado but did not make anything for us 100 owners.

In Central/ south America there are lots of LC with AHC around. Also lots of rear lockers and pretty much all of them are Diesel. and probably 50/50 manual/auto. I do not think there are any Lexus here though.

I love that there's no sunroof. If given a choice I'd pass on a sunroof myself.

Thanks a ton bro, 👍😉😉

There are some great looking 98 100 and possibly 105 trucks out there with generally low kilometers on them.

Crazy how the Japanese government regulates cars, but I guess with the limited land mass it figures. Usually you find these ultra clean low km vehicles and you’ll look close and have the inspection sheet you can find the imperfection(s) that the previous owner couldn’t afford to repair to have the vehicle cleared for use on the road. At times i guess it’s just cheaper to sell it and move on to a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom