Toyo Open Country R/T Trail - anyone using these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CHILLCAT

SILVER Star
Threads
toyo-tires-open-country-rt-street-manners-with-off-road-capability-2022-12-01_06-32-26_286775-...jpg

This is the new R/T Trail version Toyo released about a year ago. I'm about to go take a look at a set of these in 285/75r16 for my 73.

*Curious if anyone has any experience running these?

**Also open to feedback on running 285/75's on a HZJ73.

I'm hoping I wont be losing too much power/guts by going with a wider/heavier 33" vs the skinnies these we're built for?

I would like to run a 255/85 but the rig currently has fender flares and I think skinnies just won't look right with the flares.

Cheers y'all!

Well I was sold when I got eyes on these things. Surprised I was able to fit them with my saggy stock suspension. Very nice ride, hardly any more noise than my old A/T's. It's definitely a snug fit but should be nice and roomy when my suspension arrives. New wheels were rattle canned with Steel-it. Really nice product for exterior auto parts in a spray can. Very happy with the new upgrades!

IMG_20231205_145149.jpg

IMG_20231205_145505.jpg

Looks sweet!

What are the spec on the Method’s? Backspace, etc…

Thanks! They're not a perfect fit, but I had a hard time finding many 16" wheels with the correct backspace - especially in a style I liked.

These are 16x8 w/ 4.5 backspace.
I have 1-1/4" spacers on (was hoping to avoid them but made a compromise). I will likely drop down to 1" spacers in the near future.

*Biggest caveat that I wasn't aware of when buying the Method 701s: There is a ring/lip on the outer edge of the center hole and it essentially prevents your hub from passing though. I had to have a machine shop mill out that little lip. The lip serves no purpose other than to give an edge for their center cap to click onto. An added expense I wasn't expecting but I'm very happy with them now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom