Toyo A/T 2 or R/T on 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have opinions on the Toyo R/T?
I currently have 35" Toyo A/T II on my 97 LX450 and need to replace soon.

I have a 93 LC with 35" Duratracs that I feel are MT/AT hybrids and I have been very happy with them, a good balance between the two. I feel like the Toyo R/Ts fit a similar niche.

With that said I'm looking for anyone running R/Ts to post up their milage and wear and their opinions on the tires performance both on road and off.... Snow experience would be great to hear about.

Anyone have opinions on the Toyo R/T?
I currently have 35" Toyo A/T II on my 97 LX450 and need to replace soon.

I have a 93 LC with 35" Duratracs that I feel are MT/AT hybrids and I have been very happy with them, a good balance between the two. I feel like the Toyo R/Ts fit a similar niche.

With that said I'm looking for anyone running R/Ts to post up their milage and wear and their opinions on the tires performance both on road and off.... Snow experience would be great to hear about.

I'm in the same boat. Currently running Duratracs in 315/75r16. I really like them, especially in the snow. When I had my FJ Cruiser, it had Toyo M/T's on it and I was not impressed at all with driving in the snow.

I considering bumping up to 17" wheels (got my eye on the SCS F5's) and I'm thinking my next tires are going to either be Toyo R/Ts, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, or just stick with the Duratracs.

How do you feel the A/T II's handle in the snow and all around?

I just purchased the LX with the ATs so I haven't used them off road, but I really like them on the road. WAY quieter than the Duratracs and not as rough. both my LC with Duratracs and the LX with ATs have about the same wear 75%. I emailed Toyo yesterday and they confirmed that ATs come Sipped from the factory, and my duratracs were Sipped from factory also so that should help in snow. I was satisfied with the DTs snow capabilities, but im sure the ATs will be better. I think im just going to put ATs on the LX since I really like the on road capabilities. The LX with ATs will be more for cross country Expo use and will not see rock gardens or heavy mud offroad. mostly BLM land and Camping.

txbruiser you got a phone number or Facebook? i just noticed you're in arlington tx, I'm in mansfield area and I'm always looking for land cruiser guys in my area.

I'm putting in an order for 35" AT2 Xtremes this week. Just received my 17" SCS F5's this pas week, so looking forward to the new stance.

@jtfzj80 sent you a pm

I'm putting in an order for 35" AT2 Xtremes this week. Just received my 17" SCS F5's this pas week, so looking forward to the new stance.

im seriously considering the SCS F5s, still have a lot more research to do, but they look good. can you post up some pics when you get the AT2s on the SCS F5s? other than the look factor, is there any other pros to the F5s? rotational weight decrease?

Yep, will do for sure. Mainly looks, but on top of that wanted to support the company...have heard nothing but great things about them across the Toyota world. Ordered my wheels and got them 2 days later! Went with the 17x9 with -38mm offset. Will post up when I get them put on.

P9170003.jpg

Those are clean!!!! There is not too many options for 80 series after market, it sure is worth supporting the companies that go out on a limb and make a size that fits us.

@sdgator is that the matte gunmetal?

35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2's mounted on SCS F5's

P9250023.jpg

P9250024.jpg

P9250026.jpg

Wow!!!! Those look awesome, luckily my LX is also most the same color as yours! Now I know exactly what it will look like. Thanks for posting up pics

Check out the Trail Grappler. It is like a hybrid of an AT/MT also.

Trail Grappler isn't a hybrid, it's an MT. The newer Ridge Grappler is Nitto's hybrid AT/MT offering.

35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2's mounted on SCS F5's

]

When you get a chance could you please take a shot looking down the sides of your truck from the front and back? Trying to get a grasp on how far these stick out with the stock flares and 35x12.50s.

Thank you!

When you get a chance could you please take a shot looking down the sides of your truck from the front and back? Trying to get a grasp on how far these stick out with the stock flares and 35x12.50s.

Thank you!
I'd also like to see this? I'll get my 17x9 in the 3.5 backspace tomorrow. Hoping I didn't get the wrong offset....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom