Towing Mirrors - have anyone installed this in a 70' series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bulimba

@_bandit_panda
Threads
Hi All,

I want to believe im not the only one bothered by the constant vibration of the rearview mirrors, I have tried tightening screws, using rubber inserts, etc.. still no luck.

In my search I came across this - that also provide another function as towing mirrors - they are very expensive so wondering if anyone in the community have a suggestion for an alternate or similar.

thinking about them for my 93 HZJ73 - Toyota Landcruiser Towing Mirrors | LC70-LC79 Series Towing Mirrors - https://msa4x4.com.au/product-category/towing-mirrors/toyota-landcruiser-lc70-lc79-series/

Cheers,

M

Hello,

In old age, mirror screws become loose. Suspension rattling wears threads: in time, screws cannot hold. It is because the mirror frame is made of plastic.

The mirror attaches to its base with two (or three, I cannot remember exactly) screws. You have access to these from the base.

Quick solution: a thread lock compound like LockTite. It may be overkill, though, if you ever need to repair the mirror.

Practical solution: a makeshift thread lock compound like polystyrene glue or lacquer. It does the job, and it is possible to remove without breaking the assembly.

Juan

These have been great for me, plus don't look ugly.

Hi All,

I want to believe im not the only one bothered by the constant vibration of the rearview mirrors, I have tried tightening screws, using rubber inserts, etc.. still no luck.

In my search I came across this - that also provide another function as towing mirrors - they are very expensive so wondering if anyone in the community have a suggestion for an alternate or similar.

thinking about them for my 93 HZJ73 - Toyota Landcruiser Towing Mirrors | LC70-LC79 Series Towing Mirrors - https://msa4x4.com.au/product-category/towing-mirrors/toyota-landcruiser-lc70-lc79-series/

Cheers,

M

With those towing mirrors, all you need is the Dodge Diesel Cummins badge to make it complete. They remind me of the mirrors on those trucks and while it may be a Texas thing they always drive around with them fully extended and no trailer in tow.

Nothing beats a set of new oem 70 series mirrors , when they are 25 years old they are at the end of the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom