Towing/ Camping /Trailers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437246040.682008.jpg
check out our "new to us" 1998 Palomino pop up camper. Just back from a week camping in the Smokey Mountains. We'll be bringing it to the Crawl this year!

Can you double like something?

Mardis. What are you looking for in a tent? All season? Cold weather? Size?

The Coleman easy set up tents are nice. If you want to save money.
Tons of Scout dads have them.

OzTents are the Landcruiser of tents. Maybe overkill but lifelong quality. They are huge and heavy and most likely will have to be strapped to the roof to haul it.

For the record I knoe I'm late to this game as I've rarely slowed down long enough to sit in a hammock very often, much less sleep in one

Will wanted one for Scouts so I bought one to try out

Loved it. Slept like a rock. Not thinking it would be too good in the cold as all that air will circulate around.

As for 65* it was perfect. Setup was a snap. I think this and an awning off the roof rack is the play.

Gotta figure a mount off the front bumper Wher you could lock the tire carrier open and run it down the side of the truck.

image.jpg

I can't speak to the other brands out there but this is a well made deal. I got the strap kit. It let's you adjust it easily.

I got mine at Academy. I think they also make rain flys and big nets

Mardis. What are you looking for in a tent? All season? Cold weather? Size?

The Coleman easy set up tents are nice. If you want to save money.
Tons of Scout dads have them.

OzTents are the Landcruiser of tents. Maybe overkill but lifelong quality. They are huge and heavy and most likely will have to be strapped to the roof to haul it.

I am looking for a tent to use in fall and spring. I don't camp when it is hot or terribly cold. I want quick set up and water good water repellence especially on floor. I also want to be able to sleep on a cot. I do not sleep on the ground anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom