New Crawler Hauler (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wasn't sure if this thing was going to come together or not but I'm glad that it has worked out. I've been trying to get this thing going for a trip to Silverton in August but with the broken leg I wasn't sure I would get it done in time. Thankfully Devin stepped up in a huge way.

A few years on the way back from Roundup Bailey and I spotted a 19.5 fifth wheel camper for sale. We went down a week or so later and bought it. Soon afterwards we sold our old one and were homeless at the events.

Four months ago we ordered a triple axle 32' deck over gooseneck to hopefully put the fith wheel camper on. I was really worried about the weight and height but our calculations showed that it would be close in both weight and height to the old one. With three girls in the old camper it was just too cramped.

A month after we ordered the camper I broke my leg and we decided that I could recuperate in Colorado just as well as I could in Texas. While on a trail in Pagossa my phone rang and it was the guy from Trailer Guys south of Bonham letting me know the trailer was ready. When we got home I made a bonsai trip down and back to get the trailer. Being gimped up it just sat there for the next couple of months.

With our planned trip to Silverton coming up fast and with Devin having gotten his new hauler built and sent to powder coat, he called me and told me to bring over the camper so we could get measurements. Then he wanted to look at the trailer. The next thing I know he's making a sub frame and cutting holes with the plasma cutter for the plumbing.

Pics

1437356988965.jpg

1437357053501.jpg

1437357074445.jpg

1437357084524.jpg

1437357095425.jpg

More

1437357121038.jpg

1437357128664.jpg

1437357138434.jpg

1437357147794.jpg

And that's where the day ended at 100+ degrees.

This morning we got up early and for after it.

1437357367564.jpg

1437357377724.jpg

1437357388239.jpg

Devin had it welded down in no time and we all went to church. After it got up in the high 90s so we decided to get after it again and get the plumbing knocked out. The black water tank had to be mounted under the trailer that keep it from being too tall of a sub frame. The drain is going to come out the side of the frame to keep it up out if harms way.

Last edited:
Pics

1437357653346.jpg

1437357661415.jpg

1437357669605.jpg

After it was welded out we repainted the areas of the powder coat that were damaged from the heat. After our trip to Colorado we'll take the time to skin out the 7 inch area between the camper and the trailer and add doors where the wheel wells are.

Turned out pretty nice I think.

1437357912006.jpg

It turned out to be just 500-700 lbs heavier than the old hauler and probably within a few inches height wise. Three axles instead of two with more weight capacity , another set of brakes and an extra pair of tires. It has a ton more room and a separate shower and toilet in the bathroom that is wide enough for you to wipe your butt in.

Last edited:
10,550 empty weight on the hauler.

With no load on the back of the trailer 50 lbs of air in the airbags had the truck at stock ride height.

lokin good!
on a safety thought. does your new trailer have a torque tube? if not those goose necks flex quite a bit. might take a couple length of chain leave a bit of slack weld it from camper to trailer, or a length of angle iron welded to trailer & free of camper as a back up. if the flexing cracks the mount don`t want the home away from home sliding around on a trip.
:cheers:

looking good Fireman now i can stowaway and you won't know i am even there. : P

SWEET!!!!!

SUPER NICE SIr!

....wondering for how long you're going to have it.

you keep changing haulers

I think I'll probably keep this one for a while. I think it's going to turn out to be really nice

Awesome buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom