Towing/ Camping /Trailers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How long is the trailer? Can you do a slide in like Jrobs?

Lenny, what about something similar to this? I think I would maybe want a way to get it off easily in case you wanted the whole trailer empty. Otherwise, looks solid!

Gooseneck Camper Build - Arkansas Crawlers 4X4 Forum

I like this! A lot more floor space. I dont know about all the wood work and plumbing though...

How long is the trailer? Can you do a slide in like Jrobs?

not with my existing trailer. Kinda looking for something to fit on gooseneck section. Looking for something different than a slide in if possible.

I like this! A lot more floor space. I dont know about all the wood work and plumbing though...

He definitely put some time in to it. I dig the awning that comes out over the trailer for those sunny days. Nice place to relax.

Feel free to post up ideas/ Cool attachments for Towing, Camping and Trailers.

I am trying to come up with an idea for a camper on my gooseneck.

I was thinking of putting one of these on the gooseneck section of the trailer:

Quicksilver All Aluminum Ultra Light Campers, Ultralight Campers, Lightweight Campers, Ultra-Lightweight Campers

what do you guys think?

negative ghost humper. I've seen two folks over in Alabama and the dang tent looks like a tree house in camp. It sets way too high and unstable up there too. Kinda cheezy looking "popped up" and with no rig on the trailer.

I've often thought about the smaller pop-up tents, but there isn't much difference between those and a good ground tent.

Can you sleep standing up? Buy a camp shower then!

I think we could figure it out. Might have to come up north for a wenchin' session. The bunks are a cool idea. I am currently redoing mine and when I get my gooseneck I will be doing something like this or building one from scratch.

sell me your trailer and get a bigger one! :idea:

Once again Lenny is going down a path I went down 5 years ago.

Here are the things I have done, in order of doing them.

Flat 36' gooseneck, hauled two rigs, uses a rooftop ARB tent up on the top of the goose. Ladder folded down on the deck. Pro-light, cool, rooftent could go over to my 100 series when not towing big trailer. Con-it is a tent.

Flat 42' 102" wide deck over gooseneck, hauled 2 rigs, and a Rhino. Used my OZ tent up on the flat deck. It was like living on stage. Huge trailer. Ended up putting my rooftop tent up there one time then sold it. Oz worked better.

38' Aluminum enclosed trailer. Hauled 2 rids, had a bed up on the gooseneck. Slept awesome. This was the mack daddy. If I were doing it again and did not own a slide-in already, I would get another enclosed and fix up the interior like I wanted it, not like a maniac in Michigan would set up a toy hauler.
I started this direction with mine and then realized I needed $12000 more than a trailer sitting in my yard. Pro-everything is dry all the time, you can build it like you want. Take up all the space in the noce you need for your camper. Leave it open and have a cloth wall that you can drop in to keep Heat and AC in the living side. Con-you need to buiild it out. Most toyhaulers have way too much crap in them and the axles are insufficient to haul the weight of the trailer, camping stuff and 2 rigs.

I would be looking for an aluminum 40' race trailer from racingjunk.com Tons already have the buildout.

Look for one with triple 7000# axles if you want to shoe-horn your 80 in there. Depending on the model, it will fit, but it will be tight.

Once again Lenny is going down a path I went down 5 years ago.

...and viceversa... you're building an 80.

Ya'll twiny-twintwins!

Last edited:
Difference between what Nolen has done and what I will so is this.

Money

I am notoriously cheap . At the moment I'd rather build something then buy it . That may change in the future , especially if there is a deal .
Only issue I have with enclosed trailers is the ability to fit a wide rig or a tall rig. With an open trailer you don't have to think about yOur rig's width or height. I really dont want to limit the vehicle to fit it in an enclosed trailer.
The enclosed trailers I have seen were around 20k. I don't think want to spend 20k on a trailer

We enjoy ours! The biggest advantage of the way ours is and the way the enclosed ones are, is that you don't worry about the "tent factor." Last year a K2 we woke up when the storm hit and looked out the window and then went back to sleep! Double jacks down in front and we barely even moved. The storage underneath is awesome. I have considered adding an air compressor, generator and other storage boxes underneath.

We enjoy ours! The biggest advantage of the way ours is and the way the enclosed ones are, is that you don't worry about the "tent factor." Last year a K2 we woke up when the storm hit and looked out the window and then went back to sleep! Double jacks down in front and we barely even moved. The storage underneath is awesome. I have considered adding an air compressor, generator and other storage boxes underneath.

Yours is what Lenny needs , just like Bossman and Jrob have. It is the way to go bank for the buck.

Getting slot of ideas here at the lonestar round up. Once I get to know these guys a
Little better I will ask to see the inside of there contraptions.

Getting slot of ideas here at the lonestar round up. Once I get to know these guys a
Little better I will ask to see the inside of there contraptions.

Take pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom